HEAVY BAREND

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQUIDO

Reaction score
Im looking for some heavier than stock bar end for

my o6 any idea wher to buy??

thanks alot :)

Give the manic Salamander bar ends a try, worked well for me. Actually, I ordered mine in black but don't really like the look. I'm going to reorder in the stainless finish. If my buddy doesn't want them, I'll put them on the board for sale.

I like the Top Gun bar extenders. They give you a wider place to grip. And they look cool.

Actually, I ordered mine in black but don't really like the look.
I love the look of the black ones...
bar_ends.jpg

Here are the original FJRGoodies Top Gun Bar Ends Weights:

grip2.jpg

Below is a shot of the current, second-generation Top Gun End Weights. These are quite similar to the 1st-gen weights, except for the two cosmetic machined grooves....

2ndGenLG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are suffering from wrist/hand pain after riding then you want something to absorb those low frequency vibs. That translates to the heaviest bar ends. the manic salamanders are 1 lb. each. All other bar ends weigh in les than 2/3 of a lb. Ordered mine in the stainless, they look great & they work!

If it's just for cosmetics, then go for best looks/pricing.

My 2 cents worth. B)

All other bar ends weigh in les than 2/3 of a lb.
Well..... not quite.

2/3 of a pound is ~ 10.7oz, and the Top Gun End Weights (as an example) are a good bit heavier than that, weighing in at 13.5 oz each.

I ordered the manic salamanders since they are the heavest. I have major nerve damage and I hope these along with grip puppies will help. Still gota do carb sink at idle and 4k still.

Cary