Heli Bar Triple tree and riser installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjc625

Reaction score
My local Yamaha dealer "Santa Clarita Mortorsports" just installed the Heli Triple tree and riser kits.

It made my bike so comfortable and the handling improved 100% better. With the new riser, I was able to sit up straight and elbows bent.

I rode about 100 miles without any back pain. With the stock setup, It was very hard to ride even 50 miles.

I also test rode my improved FJR in Police Motor training cone pattern without any problem. Prior to the upgrade, it was very hard to do the Police Cone Patterns.

The improved FJR handles good as my trusty KZ1000P police bike and better than my formal BMW R1100RTP police bike.

In addition, yesterday a group of French Motor Officer visited my department (LAPD) at Davis Training Center with their French Police FJR1300As'. Several LAPD motor officers were invited to test ride French FJR's. My officers were very impressed with the power and handling. The French officers were impressed with our officers' ability to ride their bike in such tight pattern without prior FJR experience. One of the test rider asked me whether he can test ride my bike. He liked the new handle bar height compare to the stock height and new straight up riding position compare to slightly forward stock position. By the way, the new setup changed the look of the whole bike. I hope Yamaha will learn from our inputs and implement in future bikes.

My search to a perfect off duty police bike is over. As soon as new paint scheme get done at Rock and Roll paint shop in Orange, I will install all the goodies for the future off duty job details. I have several officers asking me to borrow my bike for their movie job detail (yah right! :p ).

I don't know how to post pictures yet. Some one who knows how to do it, please let me know.

Jim :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Yamaha dealer "Santa Clarita Mortorsports" just installed the Heli Triple tree and riser kits.It made my bike so comfortable and the handling improved 100% better. With the new riser, I was able to sit up straight and elbows bent.

I rode about 100 miles without any back pain. With the stock setup, It was very hard to ride even 50 miles.

I also test rode my improved FJR in Police Motor training cone pattern without any problem. Prior to the upgrade, it was very hard to do the Police Cone Patterns.

The improved FJR handles good as my trusty KZ1000P police bike and better than my formal BMW R1100RTP police bike.

In addition, yesterday a group of French Motor Officer visited my department (LAPD) at Davis Training Center with their French Police FJR1300As'. Several LAPD motor officers were invited to test ride French FJR's. My officers were very impressed with the power and handling. The French officers were impressed with our officers' ability to ride their bike in such tight pattern without prior FJR experience. One of the test rider asked me whether he can test ride my bike. He liked the new handle bar height compare to the stock height and new straight up riding position compare to slightly forward stock position. By the way, the new setup changed the look of the whole bike. I hope Yamaha will learn from our inputs and implement in future bikes.

My search to a perfect off duty police bike is over. As soon as new paint scheme get done at Rock and Roll paint shop in Orange, I will install all the goodies for the future off duty job details. I have several officers asking me to borrow my bike for their movie job detail (yah right! :p ).

I don't know how to post pictures yet. Some one who knows how to do it, please let me know.

Jim :)
kjc625,

Are you going to convert your 06 into a police bike? If so could you let me know how you do it, as I would like to convert my 07 also.

I presently have an 03 BMW R1150RT that I converted, however I am having trouble deciding how to proceed with the FJR.

Photos would sure help if you have already done it.

kjc625,

Just curious, how tall are you and did you try adjusting the bars before the Heli bar and did you also include the rise with the install?

Thanks!

kjc625,

Just curious, how tall are you and did you try adjusting the bars before the Heli bar and did you also include the rise with the install?

Thanks!
5'6"

yes and met with very bad back pain for several hundred miles without helibar setup.

It was worth while. I am very happy with the new setup.

the helibars kit is designed to be able to be installed without needing new longer lines.

thats what it says on their web site. i sure hope its the case as im having my topclamp

and risers next weekend.

jason