Heli Bar triple tree installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMRoadRunner

A Bulls work is never done!
Reaction score
Woo hoo, mounted the new Heli Bar triple tree purchased in the latest group buy, (thanks for that guys) It rides like a wing now :clapping: They said about an hour and a half to install, it took me about two hours with new spark plugs too, might as well since I was under there. took a little ride afterward. I don't know why i waited so long to do this but damn glad i did. Can't wait for this weekend for a long ride. If your thinking about it, I recommend you get a set of these bad boys!

It rides like a wing now :clapping:
Ok, now I'm scared... I'm too young to be on a wing! ;)

Not only did I jump on the group buy and save some cabbage but Sears has the craftsman tools on sale this week. Now I'll keep more cabbage in my pocket cuz I'll pick up a much-needed torque wrench and a set of sockets (for the steering column and the rear axle). Lucky for me I get to use the drill at work to take out the security screws.

Busy weekend for me: install heli clamp, install datel voltmeter, put on reflective tape, measure new windshield, order motofizz bag, wash the fjr, change oil on the FJR and 4runner, get electrical box cover at depot for the side stand, get cable and crimp-ends at depot to lock jacket on the bike... not too mention going hiking, riding, camping, and the Rockies & Braves game on Sunday.

If I have time laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning house, etc.

Gotta have your priorities in order....that's what my grandfather taught me. He'd be so proud of me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it "sits" like a wing, it still runs like a FJR! :clapping: I used a 1 7/16" socket on the steering head nut instead of a 36 mm, they wanted 35 bucks for the damn thing. have fun, I did!

Mucho thanks to a buddy at work who helped me with the security screws. One screw was stubborn and it took him over 20 mins to clear it out. Besides taking care of the screws the install is fairy simple and straightforward.

Much of the vibs are gone. I enjoy being able to lean back a little more and sit more upright. It's nice being able to relax my back in a vertical position. I don't know if I'm more excited to have the heli clamp installed or I can knock off another farkle item off the to-do list. Actually, I'm more excited to have the clamp installed, of course. I'm looking forward to the next long ride. Can't wait for the custom seat and new windshield.

In a way the new clamp makes me look sexier... a reason enough for anyone to add to the fjr. :)

New triple tree and handle bars are back from powder coat (black) :ph34r: . Away from home for a week or so and I can't wait to get back and feel the difference. :dribble:

Over this past weekend I finished my install of the Heli triple clamp as well. Wow, what a difference! I previously was using the stock bars in the full back position along with the Gen Mar risers and was concerned this would not be a significant difference and boy was I wrong! The position is exactly what I've been looking for and due to the added comfort and the new bar position, I even feel more confident leveraging the bike over in tight turns. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with an FJR... It's a must-have in my book for comfort... I'd agree with the comment that it sits like a Wing now but still rides like the FJR that it is... The best of all worlds in my book...

I've had the Heli triple tree on for about a year - and it was a big improvement over stock.

Last month I added the riser blocks to it - and it's even sweeter.

I'm 6' 2" - your results may vary..... etc,

Still moves like a feej though! (insert sneaky grin here)