Heli Bars - Cabling After Removal Academic Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
I'm going through a screwing around with stuff for no reason phase. For a lark, I have considered spending a day with the bars in stock configuration, since I put heli's on almost immediately after leaving the showroom due to neck and back discomfort. Does anyone know if it causes a problem with control lines to run with the helibridge removed once the mods are done for heli installation? Not just the 3"ish brake line extension, but the other cables that were freed from imprisonment in their wiry cage to create more slack. Thanks for your indulgence.

Clutch line OK, throttle cables should be OK, you will have extra wire harness, should be ok if you just ensure they don't have any issues as you turn the bars lock to lock. Maybe a tie strap or two to help them go where you need them to go. Brake line will be the bigger concern but you should be able to tie it also as a temporary measure I would think. Worst case, you'd have to reverse that mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bill,

I may be interested in purchasing your HeliBar if you do not intend to use it.

Is your 2014 ES model?

I appreciate the offer. But I would never part with this item. I would have sold the bike if I hadn't installed Helis. Good luck finding a used set. They're worth the price new.