Heli bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
What is the advantage or difference in the Part #HRT076-2 HR Triple Clamp Price: $329.00 and the Optional Accessory Risers for $69.00 besides the money? I would like to have the bars alittle closer so I won't be haunched over as much.

What is the advantage or difference in the Part #HRT076-2 HR Triple Clamp Price: $329.00 and the Optional Accessory Risers for $69.00 besides the money? I would like to have the bars alittle closer so I won't be haunched over as much.
IIRC, you have to have the former to use the latter.

IIRC, you have to have the former to use the latter.
Thanks, I realized that after I posted.

I have the Heli TripleClamp, and love it. Risers are built in, and it's a very solid piece.

If you don't want to replace the TripleClamp (90 minute job), check these out: Clicky

:assassin: DUDE!!! Heli bars are the ninja off all risers. A buddy and I just installed the Heli risers on our 07's, and it is like night and day as far as riding position. To bad you missed out on the group buy. We got them for 288.00 out the door, and I got mine delivered to Alaska in 5 days for 12 bucks! All I can say is Heli risers are awesome. The craftsmenship is amazing. The claps that hold the riser to the tree are so precise you can't even see the line when looking at it. OH and don't be afraid of the install. We did the first one in an hour and a half, the second in a hour and fifteen mins! Very easy install for what you are replacing. Any way great product, hope you go for it....

Josh

I have the heli triple clamp, thanks to the group buy and love it. Some of the differences is that the triple clamp is a machined piece of beauty, it stiffens up the steering head, reduces vibration, reduces back aches. As for the riser blocks I am sure they work, at least for the riding position and the wallet.

I don't think you can use the risers with the new triple clamp.

This is from Helibars.com

Note: The use of our original accessory riser is not recommended for use with the new HRT-2 due to hydraulic line / cable limitations.

:assassin: DUDE!!! Heli bars are the ninja off all risers. A buddy and I just installed the Heli risers on our 07's, and it is like night and day as far as riding position. To bad you missed out on the group buy. We got them for 288.00 out the door, and I got mine delivered to Alaska in 5 days for 12 bucks! All I can say is Heli risers are awesome. The craftsmenship is amazing. The claps that hold the riser to the tree are so precise you can't even see the line when looking at it. OH and don't be afraid of the install. We did the first one in an hour and a half, the second in a hour and fifteen mins! Very easy install for what you are replacing. Any way great product, hope you go for it....
Josh
How difficult were they to install, did you have to remove the tank?

I just installed the triple clamp on my 08. Went to the Heli Factory and they installed them. Towel over the tank. Remove bars. Remove oem clamp. Snip wire guides. Start with small bit and carefully drill the 2 screws that hol the ignition. Install ignition to new clamp. set in place tighten down and good to go. Top's 1/2 hour job. A GOOD TIP. The big center nut, put a peice of paper in the socket so you won't mark up the nut. Their are 2 positions either way they are awesome!!!

The tank doesn't even need to be propped, let alone removed.
If you want to drill the clamp on the bike, yes the tank does not need to be touched. if your uncomfortable with drilling on the bike then the tank has to be proped up to disconnect the the ignition wires.

i proped my tank and took my factory triple clamp to my drill press and made quick work of the old bolts, as i am not steady for a hand drill to drill on the bike.