Heli bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode 5k miles w/out the Heli, 15k since, with no regrets. The ergonomics improved greatly, reducing the pressure on my hands, wrists, and back.

I also have an 07 and have the Heli bars on it.

My problem is that they still don't come back far enough.

About 1 inch higher and 1 inch further back and I would be a happy rider.

Any suggestions?

Brant

Helibars can move the handlebars back up to 1 3/4 inches and technically Heli-Bars makes a riser for them that makes the bars 3/4 inch up in addition, but they don't work with the later version of the helibars, as explained on that page, because the control cables wouldn't be long enough.

I also have an 07 and have the Heli bars on it.
My problem is that they still don't come back far enough.

About 1 inch higher and 1 inch further back and I would be a happy rider.

Same here. I have an 08 that I put the Heli tripple clamp on. It's a lot better with the Helis, but could still be farther back and higher. The one long ride I did so far got me used to it enough that I probably won't modify it any further. Toward the end of the ride I realized I wasn't uncomfortable anymore.

Any suggestions?

Brant

Last edited by a moderator:
The bike is designed to have you sit in a perfect position for distance riding. Feet under your butt and arms forward. If you try to make the seating position like a cruiser and bring the bars way back, you're going to have to get some highway pegs to get your legs forward.

Then you'll need to get some throttle rockers to help with holding your arms up all day and then you'll need to start some expensive seat searching because all your weight is on your butt with no help from you legs and your back is getting pulverized. Good times. :)

Last edited by a moderator: