Heli HRT076-2 Triple Clamp and Heli's Risers HRTR01

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed the heli triple 3-28-09 took about 4 hours briefly looked over the instruction and off I went, drilling the ignition turned out to be the worst part, the throttle as it turns out is just like a dirt bike, so it was not a big a deal as I was making out to be, anyway WOW feels great and road tested at 130 mph smooth as butter.
:D

Good to hear it all worked to your satisfaction. I'd share your speed tomorrow if only our Alaskan winter would quit - oh, and that pesky Redoubt Volcano erupting 300 mi south near Anchorage. The volcanic dust really is abrasive and can eat a poorly filtered engine.

Gary in Fairbanks

Installed the heli triple 3-28-09 took about 4 hours briefly looked over the instruction and off I went, drilling the ignition turned out to be the worst part, the throttle as it turns out is just like a dirt bike, so it was not a big a deal as I was making out to be, anyway WOW feels great and road tested at 130 mph smooth as butter.

Good to hear it all worked to your satisfaction. I'd share your speed tomorrow if only our Alaskan winter would quit - oh, and that pesky Redoubt Volcano erupting 300 mi south near Anchorage. The volcanic dust really is abrasive and can eat a poorly filtered engine.

Gary in Fairbanks
Thanks for your help/insight Gary, hope things clear up for you soon, however a erupting/smoldering volcano is probably pretty cool to see, nothing like that here in Indiana

Chris

Gary in Fairbanks
I don't want to go to the expense and installation effort of the full heli triple, but am looking at the Heli Riser Adapters. Any input no how effective these are, or negatives to them, is appreciated. thx.

Google is your friend. Search "Heli HRT076-2 Triple Clamp site:fjrforum.com" you should find lots of pictures.
Having a hard time finding any posts with pictures of the installation - found one, but the pics weren't up anymore.

Boy, wish I had bought the FJR at the beginning of the summer so I could have gotten in on the group buy...

That is a bummer. The heli install pics are gone. It is not a hard install so don't let that stop you. You could always post asking for help in your area.
No worries Johnny... Just wanted a peek at things ahead of time... :)

I'ld rather use my "Asking for Help" card when I do the cruise control later this fall... ;)

That is a bummer. The heli install pics are gone. It is not a hard install so don't let that stop you. You could always post asking for help in your area.
No worries Johnny... Just wanted a peek at things ahead of time... :)

I'ld rather use my "Asking for Help" card when I do the cruise control later this fall... ;)
Just finished installing mine - 2hrs 50mins. mainly due to one of the security screws requiring 'special' attention.

Probably was the easiest thing I have ever installed - read the instructions and the tips here and viola!