heli risere help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Greeting all,

I am in the process of installing heli risers on my 08 and I can't seem to figure out how to get the old assembly out without removing the top triple clamp. I would prefer not to remove it if I can, but will if I have to.

TIA,

Gregory

Greeting all,
I am in the process of installing heli risers on my 08 and I can't seem to figure out how to get the old assembly out without removing the top triple clamp. I would prefer not to remove it if I can, but will if I have to.

TIA,

Gregory
Hi Gregory,

I installed risers on my 07, remove the covers on top of each handle bar, remove nuts and allen screws on each handle bar set them aside on towel to protect paint. Now you have to cut wire loom for cable guides to free cables and get bolts to drop from triple clamp. I used a small bolt cutter to cut wire took all of 45 min to install risers.

Good Day,

Gary

Speaking as a totally "challenged" wrench this difficulty is exactly why I took my 08 to the "professionals" and had them install the heli risers

Just pull the thing. It's no big deal, and you'll be glad you did. Makes things a lot easier, and you can see what you're doing.

Latest posts