Heli Triple Clamp Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GreyGoose,

Thanks for a very good and informative post. Like many, I have been considering this same mod. Let us know if you experience any change in handling or control after this mod.

Thanks again,

JCasey

BTW, $410 will buy a shitload of Aleve caplets. :)

and a shitload of aleve caplets will buy you one hell of an ulcer. :unsure:

As far as how this farkle effects handleing, I think its a safe bet to say that anytime you move yourself aft on a bike, you'll lose something in the handling column (theres a reason for clip ons). if this is your primary 'canyon carver" , you may want to think twice about it.

GreyGoose

I have to say most bikes do not suite riders with short arms . If you really look at it, anything that makes you more confortable ,generally improves your control of the bike ,particulally touring bikes . Fatigue slows reflexes and it can set in very early in a ride . 2 hours into a ride I want to be comfortable , the next day after 10-14 hours in the saddle you really want comfort. Many riders do not exactly fitt the "standard " bike set up so what is wrong making the bike fit you ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am much more comfortable with the Heli/Riser combination. It changes your relationship to the stock windshield, even with the windshield all the way up.

I am much more comfortable with the Heli/Riser combination. It changes your relationship to the stock windshield, even with the windshield all the way up.
Have you had a chance to see how this modification affects the bikes handling especially in the canyons and twistys? PM. <>< :huh:

Have you had a chance to see how this modification affects the bikes handling especially in the canyons and twistys? PM. <>< :huh:
Slower through the twisties. I'm sitting up higher.

They sure look like they would work with the stock triple clamp. Possibly require some minor mods, but they are the same shape as the stock bars, with all the same holes. I am wondering exactly what the problem is with making a set of risers only for the 06? I really dont feel like I need a $329 triple clamp to get the bars where I want them. I read all of the posts about the risers that were available, then recalled, and no more will be made for the 06. But I never saw a post where the problem was explained. Some sort of safety issue I presume?

They sure dont look that hard to make. Does anyone know what exactly is the problem with making risers alone for the 06?

There must be something I am not seeing in the difficulty index. :blink:

Roy
Fastmax,

The '06 trades three bolts for one bolt and one stud retaining each handlebar. The problem with the recalled riser was a materials failure on the hardware used to extend the studs. I expect that you could use one or even two sets of the Heli riser blocks if you modified to use bolts only. I did it for my '06 and am both happy and secure. I'd be happy to email you the details, 90% of which would apply to the Heli blocks. It's too big to post, I expect.

The '06 trades three bolts for one bolt and one stud retaining each handlebar. The problem with the recalled riser was a materials failure on the hardware used to extend the studs. I expect that you could use one or even two sets of the Heli riser blocks if you modified to use bolts only. I did it for my '06 and am both happy and secure. I'd be happy to email you the details, 90% of which would apply to the Heli blocks. It's too big to post, I expect.
Sure, I would like to see them. Email [email protected]

Thanks

Roy