Helibar riser position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don2334

Reaction score
I purchased a 2008 ae last fall and it came with heli bar risers. i want them in the rear position. How can I tell without taking them apart which position they are in? Also is it hard to change the position?

Don

I purchased a 2008 ae last fall and it came with heli bar risers. i want them in the rear position. How can I tell without taking them apart which position they are in? Also is it hard to change the position?

Don
I had a 09 that was stock and it is hard without taking them apart to be sure.I am betting they are in the rear most position because the PO installed risers and most that install risers are looking for both height & farther back. Maybe if you compare to another bike that the owner knows etc. Really it is not a big deal to take apart unless the Heli risers make it difficult from stock ones. Just be sure to take BOTH bars loose before trying to adjust or remove. Does not make sense until you get to the bottom and look but both bars have to be removed before you can adjust.

Don
I had a 09 that was stock and it is hard without taking them apart to be sure.I am betting they are in the rear most position because the PO installed risers and most that install risers are looking for both height & farther back. Maybe if you compare to another bike that the owner knows etc. Really it is not a big deal to take apart unless the Heli risers make it difficult from stock ones. Just be sure to take BOTH bars loose before trying to adjust or remove. Does not make sense until you get to the bottom and look but both bars have to be removed before you can adjust.
Thanks,

I guess I will have to take them apart to tell.

Don