Helibar triple clap - can't wait

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that sounds like a plan. You around Bravern this week?

Heat gun I can get - love those, so I'll just grab one at Sears or somewhere.

I got one in the group buy and it's still wrapped in bubble wrap, sitting on the work bench.

Some days I feel like I should install it, other days I feel like I should just sell it. I just can't decide! I think if I had more time for really long rides, it'd be an easy choice, but for 200 miles or less, I feel like it's unnecessary (and that's 95% of my riding).

I was really gung-ho about a riser plate when I first got the bike, coming off a V Star 1300 cruiser. I'm used to leaning forward now, I even prefer it, and I'm not so sure I want to commit to the Heli setup yet.

I got one in the group buy and it's still wrapped in bubble wrap, sitting on the work bench.
Some days I feel like I should install it, other days I feel like I should just sell it. I just

can't decide! I think if I had more time for really long rides, it'd be an easy choice, but

for 200 miles or less, I feel like it's unnecessary (and that's 95% of my riding).

I was really gung-ho about a riser plate when I first got the bike, coming off a V Star 1300

cruiser. I'm used to leaning forward now, I even prefer it, and I'm not so sure I want to

commit to the Heli setup yet.

Two possibilities for ya:

1. Find someone with on installed and with the bike on the centerstand sit with your feet on

the pegs and see if you like it.

or

2. Just keep it, find a place in your garage and store it, because someday your back will start

to give you trouble and you will be glad to have it on hand to install. If you sell it you will just

loose money.

If neither 1 nor 2 appeal to you, it does make a great Christmas gift...

Some days I feel like I should install it, other days I feel like I should just sell it. I just can't decide! I think if I had more time for really long rides, it'd be an easy choice, but for 200 miles or less, I feel like it's unnecessary (and that's 95% of my riding).

I was really gung-ho about a riser plate when I first got the bike, coming off a V Star 1300 cruiser. I'm used to leaning forward now, I even prefer it, and I'm not so sure I want to commit to the Heli setup yet.
Go ahead and install it, just be careful not to scatch it, and if you don't like it after a few rides take it off and sell it.

What did the group priciing on the part end up being? I am interested in adding that or, at least a set of risers, to my 2006. Would like a bit more sit-up position, having come from a Goldwing.

What did the group priciing on the part end up being? I am interested in adding that or, at least a set of risers, to my 2006. Would like a bit more sit-up position, having come from a Goldwing.
I have no idea what that price ended up at - I wasn't part of it and just bought my own direct. IIRC, the price was discusse din the group buy thread, though.

If you still have it in 6 months, I'll buy it from you. I won't be around my bike for that long.

Heck, if you install and don't like it, you can remove and sell it used to me (as long as you were nice to it!).