Hella FF200 HID Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't tell any of you about it earlier, but I didn't dare want us to get in a bidding war. I scored a new set of Hella FF200 HID lights off eBay Friday for $315. They're a little bigger than the popular PHID lights at 5 3/4", but at about half the price I couldn't pass them up.

Click Here.

I guess 145 will be my top speed in the future :D

I'm waiting for UPS, but think I scored a great set of lights at a great price. Now, to mount the suckers. :bb2:

Good catch! I think you're right. I have a picture from the IBR and they look like about the right size. I don't think they're the FF1000's. Doug's 2005 IBR Steed

If they are the FF200's I think I might be able to mount them on my existing Top Gun brackets without hitting the mirrors.

Schweet! B)

Here's a pic of some non-xenon FF200's mounted on a Concours I once owned. I had FF50's on Top Gun mnts. on my 03 FJR and am not sure how much larger a light would fit. It'll be close for sure! By the way, the stock FF200's were great lights! I can't even imagine how bright the Xenon versions will be. Good luck!
DSC00003.jpg

If it's going to be an interference I think it's going to be the stalks near the attach points and not the mirrors. I may need to move them forward and outward a bit.

....nothing some metal, dremel, and Krylon can't fix.

Are they what dougc has on his?
Yep same as Dougc.

Ignacio, I have seen these lights in action and they are very good on dark highways. Great price as well BTW.

Ignacio,

Post some pics when you get them mounted up and let us know how well they work. I checked the street prices on those units and you STOLE them puppies! Congrats! :clap:

Now you know why I didn't dare tell you all my comrades.....until after I bought them :assasin:

UPS number says they're here 9/6. Me thinks the following weekend I have a fun project. :D

Yes, I am sure.

"Hella FF200 Xenon Driving Lamp Lights Kit Car Truck NEW" in the title, Hella part #74537, and picture of the actual product including all the fixin's to match Hella's description.

Plus they corrected the description to verify they are HID.

Finally, the power seller has a 99.8% rating.

I'm as sure as I can be.

Auction #7994537891

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Matt! Install surely looked to be a bitch.

So when are you and Warchild gonna do a side by side comparison?

We did this comparison after the farewell banquet at WFO-3 in Moscow, Idaho in August, '04.

The beamcasts from the two lamp systems are more alike than they are different.

We did this comparison after the farewell banquet at WFO-3 in Moscow, Idaho in August, '04.

The beamcasts from the two lamp systems are more alike than they are different.
For cryin out loud! I was there. I think I remember something like that was going on.

But it was hard to tell through the beer induced fog that was everywhere.

:D

Although, correct me if I am wrong, but there was a full moon out that night.......

courtesy of Georgie-porgie Z..... :eek:

Ignacio,

Great job and nice photo documentry! I thought it might be a squeeze gettin' em on, but it looks like you found a good solution. Wished I'd a had a set on my feejer this past weekend. I completed my BB1500 Gold ride, and even with my puny silverstars, I saw way more forest rats than I would have wanted to!............. :bigeyes:

Thanks sgoat! I figure the extra hour of web documentation helps somebody else out down the road.

I was also pondering the tightness of the starboard HID today as I was commuting. My tupperware jutting up is probably making it so that I can't get the extra screw into the bracket. Just not tidy all around.

Looking things over I might be able to get an extra half inch by changing the bracket orientation and putting it below the bracket (I'll have to take a picture afterewards to explain). If so, I might be able to move the ignitor/ballast a bit more and solve my interference problems.

If not, I'm hopefully seeing Doug Chapman this weekend and take a closer look at his install. He has FF200's also.

Expect that page to be updated once I get things a bit more finetuned.

Now if somebody else starts monitoring eBay for cheap sets of Hellas to score.....