Hella FF50 - Anyone considered the Fog Pattern

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Dumke

Reaction score
For only $100 these are some pretty sweet looking lights. But it seams that I get to switch on the high beams only about once every other year, due to oncoming traffic. Has anybody installed the FF50's with the fog pattern? And what has been your experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the guys I rode half-way home with from last years EOM had the fogs... I thought they were pretty sweet. I've got the drivers, which I also like. If I could *FIND* the fogs at a reasonable price, I'd run both. Good luck with that.

All of my FF50's have been from eBay sales, and they've always been driving lights. Every time someone has advertised the fogs, I've checked the part number and found them to be driving lights instead. BTW... I've never paid more than $35 a pair.

For only $100 these are some pretty sweet looking lights. But it seams that I get to switch on the high beams only about once every other year, due to oncoming traffic. Has anybody installed the FF50's with the fog pattern? And what has been your experience?
I have Hella FF50 fog lights on my bike. I wanted a light to use on the twisty roads at night. I like them a lot for that purpose. They do not bother oncoming drivers, so I can run them continuously without having to worry about that issue. They do a good job of lighting the sides of the road while leaned over in a curve too. I did not like their switch so I used a Piaa switch which I mounted on the left handle bar near the grip.

I have a pair of their driving lights too, that I have not installed yet. They will mount on the same bracket using the same hole and only one of the mounting bolts from one pair of the lights. One light mounted upright on top and one light mounted upside down on the bottom. I thought about installing a two posisition switch so only one set would have power at a time since we are limited in the stator department on this bike.

I have Hella FF50 fog lights on my bike.
I have a pair of their driving lights too, that I have not installed yet. They will mount on the same bracket using the same hole and only one of the mounting bolts from one pair of the lights. One light mounted upright on top and one light mounted upside down on the bottom.
Quad FF50's !!! We will need pics on that one.

Beside the side illumination. How do they work for straight ahead? Do they help? Or are they mostly just for the turns.

Like all fog lights, they do not put much light very far down the road.

I have Hella FF50 fog lights on my bike.
I have a pair of their driving lights too, that I have not installed yet. They will mount on the same bracket using the same hole and only one of the mounting bolts from one pair of the lights. One light mounted upright on top and one light mounted upside down on the bottom.
Quad FF50's !!! We will need pics on that one.

Beside the side illumination. How do they work for straight ahead? Do they help? Or are they mostly just for the turns.

Would the fogs replace the primary low beams? If so we could use HID highs in the stock buckets for turning night into day.