Hella FF50 two right housings?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockymntfjr

Reaction score
I finaly got around to installing my FF50's. All is good until I went to mount the housings. Both have the wire hole on the left rear of the housings. It seams like one housing should have a hole on the right for the left mount. Anyone else have the same?

Thanks,

Andy

IIRC, if the egress holes are more important to you than the small DOT writing on the glass....one can flip the body in the bracket and achieve a left and right effect.

IIRC, if the egress holes are more important to you than the small DOT writing on the glass....one can flip the body in the bracket and achieve a left and right effect.
True, but that puts the alignment notch at the top. I seem to remember a comment about that in the destruction manual, no?

I had the same quandary on my recent install, I think those notches in the housings also act as drains, so I installed them as designed. Check out this thread. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...;hl=ff50+lights

I made the wires/loom longer than needed to allow zip tying it to the bottom backside of the bracket.... looks decent... can't post pics right now but I'll try to soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those notches in the housings also act as drains,
Yes, there are the drain holes too.

....Redact my last statement to say invert if the writing on the glass AND drain holes aren't important to you....which I think the latter would....unless you always ride in Death Valley. ;)