Helmet bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed a helmet lock bracket from Scott Townsend. His bracket is like a factory produced item. I chose the left side which works great. The rider foot peg and center stand arm serve as a cradle for the helmet. If you are interested in seeing how it looks, sent me a email [email protected] and I'll send you a pic. I have not been able to attach pics to this forum. It rejects due to size. Scott's email address; [email protected].

But be patient after hitting the send button, or you will multi-post.

<hijack> When you upload pics to photobucket automatically resize them to 640 X 480, then size isn't an issue.

Back on topic...I use a conduit strap / cable arrangement to secure the helmet and other items to the bike. Would love to spring for the fancy helmet locks, haven't gotten around to it yet!

YMMV

--G

Some photos from the Gen II and Gen III bikes...

Left side Gen III, one outlet

Left side Gen III (same as the Gen II)

Gen III right side, single electrical outlet (same as a Gen II)

Gen II left side with helmet attached

Gen III right side, no outlet

Last edited by a moderator:
TownsendsFJR1300 Where did you get the backwards Ferrari prancing horse or am I seeing the backside of a banner? I have one also that was made backwards by mistake for a Ferrari club in a small town in Italy.

2 questions; does anything need to be removed to install and how much for just helmet lock w/o outlet?

2 questions; does anything need to be removed to install and how much for just helmet lock w/o outlet?
The side panel(s) needs to come off for initial installation, NO Mods to the bike, nothing removed permanently from the bike. The right side (no outlets) is $24, the left side $25 +Shipping. There are 6 options total (3 for each side) so the price varies with the options.
Please e-mail me direct @ [email protected]. Please mention FJR helmet lock and the year bike. I'll forward further pictures, options, order form, etc. To be clear, I design and manufacture just the bracket itself, I DO NOT include the lock assembly.

Tthanks, Scott

Right and left sides without outlets installed on a 2013:

With helmet securred;

Pic's updated 2-10-15

Got it. My first post didn't appear to post, so the next morning I reposted. Uggghh!

So what lock do you get to go with this bracket?

Got it. My first post didn't appear to post, so the next morning I reposted. Uggghh! So what lock do you get to go with this bracket?

No problem.. Either get a Yamaha lock part # 26H-21308-00-00 (from this thread: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/2399-helmet-lock-brackets/page-4 ) or a Helmet Guardian lock assembly.

The Yamaha assembly can definitly be re-keyed to fit your ignition key, the Helmet Guardian may come with the Yamaha key offset (can be re-keyed) or may not (cannot be re-keyed) as there are two different styles. Both unit lock bodies look the same:..

If you e-mail me direct(with FJR and the year bike at the header), I have all the links, part #'s. etc..

Thanks, Scott. [email protected]

Got it. My first post didn't appear to post, so the next morning I reposted. Uggghh! So what lock do you get to go with this bracket?
I used a Helmet Guardian locks, removed from the original plate and tumblers re-done as in the 2nd thread I linked above. But beware- an OEM key will not fit, a copy will.

I used a Helmet Guardian locks, removed from the original plate and tumblers re-done as in the 2nd thread I linked above. But beware- an OEM key will not fit, a copy will.
My OEM key fits, but it was tight until I worked it a few times. I was able to re-key the Helmet Guardian locks real quick and easy by rearranging two tumblers and leaving one out. Doesn't have to be Ft. Knox secure.