• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet holder for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for the 07

One question? Can it work with two helmets?? Possibly a wider u at the top

I have a '06 and I made up a 3ft stranded cable with the plastic coating on it. I pressed the ferrules on the ends and made the loops big enough to pass the other end through it. I hook up TWO full face helmets through the face shield openings and run the cable through the other loop and attach a small D ring. Then if you look in the rear tail section there will be a hole large enough to hook up your D ring (without modification),run the cable out the side and put on the rear seat. Both helmets sit on the seat facing each other with very little slack. $4.00 farkle... :clapping: If you want pics I could take some.

I have a '06 and I made up a 3ft stranded cable with the plastic coating on it. I pressed the ferrules on the ends and made the loops big enough to pass the other end through it. I hook up TWO full face helmets through the face shield openings and run the cable through the other loop and attach a small D ring. Then if you look in the rear tail section there will be a hole large enough to hook up your D ring (without modification),run the cable out the side and put on the rear seat. Both helmets sit on the seat facing each other with very little slack. $4.00 farkle... :clapping: If you want pics I could take some.
It sounds interesting. Pics would be good, Thanks.

It sounds interesting. Pics would be good, Thanks.
+1 I'm having trouble picturing in my head some mounting points, etc.

Easiest method I found if I haven't got the bags with me is to put my disc lock through the ring on the helmet then secure it to the front wheel. Costs nothing and works fine.

DSC01662.jpg
3 ft cable with loops on each end.
DSC01665.jpg
Hole in tail section atached with D ring.
DSC01666.jpg
Helmets attached ready to put seat on
DSC01668.jpg
cable shown under seat(not forced on)
DSC01667.jpg
DONE.. Hope that helps, also you could add a second cable thats longer,put it through the arms of your jacket on the other side.... Lester

Hmm..been looking for a way to secure the Aerostick when I reach my destination. Assuming the weather is good, this looks like it might work if run through the two arms. Thanks

Funny....I just looked at my previous post and thought to myself..."what the hell was I thinking?". Goose? Chocolate? Wow...someone shoot me.
Hey Russ,

Are you still making and selling those for the 03-05s? I'd be interested to send a paypal payment if that's the case.

Thanks,

Vince