• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested...
got a Gen I '04

any free shipping / discount dealies now or coming soon ???

Thanx much,

Mike in Nawlins'

OK email to [email protected]

will do when ready to order and response to my post
___________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, no shipping specials/discounts at this time...

Scott

I just installed these brackets using Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00 locks. (from 2006 star 650 classic) They are more expensive but the key will fit in the tumbler, and it is simple to reconfigure to your key code see: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...amp;hl=guardian. It mounts to the bracket perfectly. It is exactly the same as the helmet guardian lock shown in the above thread, only your key will fit in with no guessing. This is a very nice setup.
Does this Yammy part number for locks also apply to Gen I bikes ???

TIA

Mike

I just installed these brackets using Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00 locks. (from 2006 star 650 classic) They are more expensive but the key will fit in the tumbler, and it is simple to reconfigure to your key code see: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...amp;hl=guardian. It mounts to the bracket perfectly. It is exactly the same as the helmet guardian lock shown in the above thread, only your key will fit in with no guessing. This is a very nice setup.

TIA

Mike
___________________________________________________________________________________

The lock assembly shown in that thread is the same. This lock assembly (and HG) are used on my bracket for ALL model years. That style Yamaha lock assembly and the Helmet Guardian are the same. It should be noted, there are TWO different lock cylinders (for both the stock Yamaha lock and HG).

I found it best to try and insert your key into the lock cylinder. If it goes in, it can be re-keyed to match your Yamaha ignition key.

Scott

Have you checked your helmet after its been there for a few minutes afre a long ride?? I have something similar to these, But I took it off becasue the heat from the exhaust was making my helmet really hot where the helmet was near the pipes.

TIA

Mike
Mike -

Works been hectic and I missed your post in January. The Gen 1 bikes have a welded finger of the gas tank that works well as a helmet lock. Lift the driver's seat and the finger sticks down from the aft left corner of the tank. Simply put your D-rings around the finger and slide the seat back in place. Seems to me that there's one on the right side, as well.

Bob

Have you checked your helmet after its been there for a few minutes afre a long ride?? I have something similar to these, But I took it off becasue the heat from the exhaust was making my helmet really hot where the helmet was near the pipes.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Where are your locks mounted at? I've had mine mounted to the sides for 4.5 years without incident (Gen I) in SW Florida (hot and humind). Are your locks mounted to the stock Helmet Guardian lock assembly above the tag?

Last edited by a moderator:

TIA

Mike
Mike -

Works been hectic and I missed your post in January. The Gen 1 bikes have a welded finger of the gas tank that works well as a helmet lock. Lift the driver's seat and the finger sticks down from the aft left corner of the tank. Simply put your D-rings around the finger and slide the seat back in place. Seems to me that there's one on the right side, as well.

Bob
sure enough CW, I'm good to go now, thanx much

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

I have some passenger floorboards & a heat exhaust shield between the bracket and the exhaust & haven't noticed a problem (genII).

--hellcreep

Now thru May 31, 2009, I am offering FREE SHIPPING on all helmet lock brackets for forum members. All brackets for all FJR's are in stock for immediate delivery. All orders must be post marked by 5-31-09. Please e-mail me direct at: [email protected] for further information/pictures.

Thanks,

Scott

Please mention what year FJR (as Generation I bike uses different mounting points than a Generation II) when e-mailing for pictures/information.

As a reminder, the FREE SHIPPING offer ends the end of this month. All orders must be post marked by 5-31-09. When inquiring, please mention the year bike as generation I and generation II bikes use different style brackets. All brackets are in stock. Thanks and safe riding, Scott

All year brackets are still available and in stock. When inquiring about brackets, PLEASE e-mail me direct at: [email protected]. Please note in the header: Yamaha FJR and what year bike you have (as I have brackets for certain BMW's and a Ducati). I will respond with further information/pictures/prices, etc...

Thanks and safe riding, Scott

From now until November 15th, 2009, I'm offeing FREE SHIPPING on all helmet lock brackets shipped within the lower 48 states...

All brackets are in stock and ready for shipping. Please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for further pictures, options, pricing, etc...

PLEASE mention FJR in the header and also what year bike (as the Generation I bike is different than the Generation II)..

Thanks, Scott

From now until November 15th, 2009, I'm offeing FREE SHIPPING on all helmet lock brackets shipped within the lower 48 states...
All brackets are in stock and ready for shipping. Please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for further pictures, options, pricing, etc...

PLEASE mention FJR in the header and also what year bike (as the Generation I bike is different than the Generation II)..

Thanks, Scott

The free shipping offer has been extended until 11-30-2009.

Thanks, Scott

I was unable to post any pictures earlier however this is a picture a Helmet Guardian bolted onto the right side of my 2004 model... The left side bolts up in exactly the same area, just on the other side. It also fits the 2005 model.. As stated earlier, please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for further information.. A bracket for the 2006 and 2007 models is also available however it attaches to the right side only (not enought room on the left side).. Thanks, Scott

FJRBracketmounted.jpg
PM sent

Probably no one with the answer, but here goes anyway. Do the brackets interfere with a Ohlin shock? Specifically, it looks like the preload adjuster may interfere with the left side bracket (I have the dual one with lock and powerlet outlet together). I also have a right side bracket, but it look like the compresion adjuster should clear. This shock is a new application for Gen II bikes so I might be one of the first to install it.

Probably no one with the answer, but here goes anyway. Do the brackets interfere with a Ohlin shock? Specifically, it looks like the preload adjuster may interfere with the left side bracket (I have the dual one with lock and powerlet outlet together). I also have a right side bracket, but it look like the compresion adjuster should clear. This shock is a new application for Gen II bikes so I might be one of the first to install it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Harald,

I found some pic's of a gen II with the Ohlins shock on it. It apppears as if the front electrical outlet might be in the way of the Ohlins adjuster. I also noticed some cylindrical shims which you may/may not be able to add to with longer bolts and put the adjuster back just enough to clear the outlets....

If that doesn't work out for you, PM me, I have a spare, 2 outlet plate, from Powerlet I'm not using for a Gen II (you can see it on there site)... We can figure out a trade for your double helmet lock bracket for a left side lock only bracket and this powerlet plate if need be...

Scott

I've now confirmed that the left side lock bracket with powerlet outlet will interfere with the Ohlins shock mounting. I'll have to look closer to see if it's even possible to mount just a lock bracket on the left side and still retain the ability to adjust the shock preload.

It looks real tacky, but your nice bracket with powerlet still installed, is currently tie-strapped to my passenger peg so I can continue to use my heated liner in this cold weather.

I've now confirmed that the left side lock bracket with powerlet outlet will interfere with the Ohlins shock mounting. I'll have to look closer to see if it's even possible to mount just a lock bracket on the left side and still retain the ability to adjust the shock preload.

It looks real tacky, but your nice bracket with powerlet still installed, is currently tie-strapped to my passenger peg so I can continue to use my heated liner in this cold weather.
If there's enough room you can either cut off the electrical tab (so there's only the lock) and use the Powerlet plate I mentioned earlier. The Powerlet plate does set back slightly farther and is set in a little deeper.... Lemme know.. Scott