Helmet lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjscooter

Reaction score
When I bought my bike the guy guy gave me a lock set and said it was a helmet lock. I can't figure out where it goes. It is not in the manual. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Could you be a bit more specific? I am not sure what you are talking about when you say 'lock set'.

The FJR has no helmet lock.

If what you have is an extra lock cylinder that is identical to the two in each sidebag and keyed to your ignition key, then that is the 3rd lock Yamaha provides with the delivery of every FJR. It is for installing in a Yamaha topcase should you decided to purchase one.

Proof once again that the value of the dealership depends solely on the tard you are talking to.

It's an extra lock for the trunk in case you order one.

Proof once again that the value of the dealership depends solely on the tard you are talking to.
It's an extra lock for the trunk in case you order one.
Yeah. Thatis what it looks like. I thought that was the case. When he handed it to me he pointed to the seat lock. I was I just thought it would be self explainatory. It was......after I checked with you guys. Sorry for the ignorance.