Helmet Locks?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
You guys have to pardon my ignorance but since I'm a waiter and this is something I never bothered checking out, is it true that the bike has no place to lock a helmet?? What do you guys do for alternatives?

The best pre-made option I've seen is here.

Personally, I hang mine around the license plate holder, stow it in the side case, or take it with me.

Moving thread to it's new home in Parts and Accesories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full face helmets fit nicely in the saddlebags.. Not helpful if they're full of stuff, but on short "about town" rides I toss mine in there.

Short trips when the side cases are empty: I'll store my helmet in the case when stopped.

Longer trips when the side cases and top case are stuffed: I lock my helmet to the pillion hand holds with a small keyed cable lock (the kind used to secure hand guns).

The best pre-made option I've seen is here.
I have one of those and two of these. I use the first one to haul an extra helmet around from time to time when the cases are full. The side-mounted locks are very convenient (no removing the seat twice) and the guardian locks, available at Ca Sport Touring, among others, can be rekeyed to kit the ignition key.

I use a rolled up cable with a built in lock. It has the added advantage of allowing me to run the cable though my jacket arms when I want to leave the jacket on the bike, to walk around on hot days.

Hey,

Does anybody know where I can get the same kind of locks that the Helmet Guardian uses, without all the bracket stuff? I want to mount the locks in place of the reflectors on the front forks. Using the same bracket the reflectors are mounted on.

Did something like that on one of my other bikes and it worked out pretty good.

Bill

Hey,Does anybody know where I can get the same kind of locks that the Helmet Guardian uses, without all the bracket stuff?
IIRC, I've purchased some from J.C. Whitney. You might want to peruse their motorcycle section.

Hmmmm, I just checked the November motorcycle catalogue. Page 33, helmet locks:

AGV063610, chrome or AGV 063611 black powder coat. $14.99 each

Mike,

I looked at those, but they have mounting flanges on the sides so it can be mounted to a handlebar or frame. I am looking for locks that have the mounting holes the same as the Guardian. Maybe an OEM lock from one of the other Yamaha models or just bite the bullet and buy the Guardian just for the locks.

Bill