Helmet visor wiper - Yes, really!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudslide Miller

Reaction score
Not that I have any use for it in almost always sunny AZ but I thought this was a pretty cool invention. What will they come up with next? Any interest for you wet riders??

Last edited by a moderator:
no, even us girls "own a set" and just ride in the rain

mda.gif

Seriously?

- The visor will quickly get scratched from the blade, let alone any debris thrown onto it and scraped to and fro. Then you'd have much worse visibility than rain.

- The attachment "hooks" will allow water to dribble down behind the visor.

Much, much easier to occasionally wipe the visor with a finger of my glove.

Misting up? Get a pinlock.

Sorry, don't like it.

Maybe this was posted on April 1st.

I may buy three; one for the helmet and two for the headlights. I wonder if they are working on adding a spray fluid capacity to the wiper. I really need that.

No mention of price. Bag of shite, IMHO. Quick turn of the head to left then right, if that doesn't clear your visor, then wipe with finger or thumb, most decent gloves these days have a wiper blade on either the left hand index finger or thumb.

I have a pair of lightweight inexpensive (bought on year end close out) Fly Racing gloves nominally for dirtbike use. The rubbery ply on index and middle fingers does a fantastic job of wiping water and bugs from my visor.

Not only that but they are bright neon yellow when I wave, you see.

I would ovbiously not waste money on something like this either. I was actually flabbergasted to see somebody would go to this much effort to spend that much time and money on something that no one will buy. Bet it would run in the couple hundred dollar range. Kinda reminds me of the wiper blades on the Mercedes headlights. Not necessary.

Guess my lack of riding in rain flawed my initial impression. I deserved the Fri. flogging!! Thank you very much!!

Nope! I'll stick with my small bottle of RainX and a microfiber towel. Thanks anyway!
smile.png
RainX used to say on the bottle not to use on plastic, and I've wondered why.

OK. A quick Google search shows a RainX for plastic now.

Thank you, sir.
wink.png
Tried it, It sucks. If you want to try something that works. Get some Rejex. AWESOME product.

https://www.rejex.com/rejex.html
I've just waxed my face shields with car wax, and they shed water pretty well. I'll check out the rejex. Thx

Nope! I'll stick with my small bottle of RainX and a microfiber towel. Thanks anyway! :)
RainX used to say on the bottle not to use on plastic, and I've wondered why.

OK. A quick Google search shows a RainX for plastic now.

Thank you, sir. ;)
Tried it, It sucks. If you want to try something that works. Get some Rejex. AWESOME product.
https://www.rejex.com/rejex.html
I've using RainX since forever. It works great. What about it sucked for you? Just curious. I use it on my windshield too and there has been no damage of any kind what so ever.