Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to let everyone know which helmet we purchesed. 2 Nolan N102 in Atlantic Blue, a close match to the 06A. I am very pleased and would gladly recomend the Nolan, as well as the Helmet shop price.

I am also very very happy with the FJR!!!!!!

Wow am I happy. One or two up it rides great.

Although I have only a 1982 Yamaha Vision and a 1984 XL 350R to compare it to.

Its hard to throw a leg over them, at least for now.

Did I mention I was ecstatic with the FJR.

Ok I will stop.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Regards,

Steve

Here's my helmet story. I have about 6 or 8 helmets. I like only 3. The others, I don't use.

The Nolan 100 lite flip from last year is good on the FJR, but not on the WING or the VTX. With the saddle on the FJR in the down position and the windscreen in the up position.... the Nolan is great. Surprisingly less noisy than on the WING or VTX.

But, the Nolan is crap in construction. Had a coupe pop rivets come out the first time I tried it on. Nolan sent replacements, they popped, too. The helmet is quite comfy... but, only after I wrapped a piece of 4x4 in a bath town to open the cheek area. Otherwise it gave me a headache and a jaw ache. Now, it's pretty comfy.

I have an HJC flip, too. Better quality lid... maybe a bit heavier than the Nolan, but I like it for winter wear.

Both can be noisy ... as modular helmets can be.

After "BIG Ben's" accident... ahhhhhhhhh, I mean, wreak.... I've been reconsidering full time full face helmet wear. I may buy another full face/flip soon. Doing research at https://helmetharbor.com/ as I type. Good place for helmets.

BTW, the foam, cheek pads, yada, yada can be modified by pressure from an object.... like my 4x4 and towel above. Also, you can press the foam to make it fit better, too. A wood clamp with some rags works well. Made an uncomfy lid a great fit for moi.

BAGGER