Help identifying driving light manufacturer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laser Dude

Reaction score
Well, I hoped my first few posts wouldn't be me asking for help identifying something, but that went out the door
smile.png

Can anyone help me identify who makes these driving lights? They came on my FJR and I'd like to figure out who they are made by. The previous owner did a horrific job installing the switch and I'd like to see what options the manufacturer offers.

I can't locate any names or model numbers on the other casings unless they strategically placed them under the bottom.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/customengraving/3x1AC6

https://www.flickr.com/gp/customengraving/D5c5Qq

https://www.flickr.com/gp/customengraving/9Zy8w2

I'd like to see what options the manufacturer offers.
They look like cheap value-oriented generics to me. I wouldn't look to there being a manufacturer that provides different sorts of motorcycle integrated turn-key solutions. I'd suggest using our linked resources like at FJRTech to make them better....perhaps rewiring them, a relay, and/or optional switches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the mondomotos as well. I use a skene controller to power them. Could not be happier.

Thanks Guys! Looks like the previous owner cheaped out on them! The issue I have is the switch has an "On" LED as well as an "Off" LED. So when the lights are off and the bike is off, the LED for the "Off" switch is still on. Any recommendations on where to find switches made for that? I read the FJR Tech section on it all, but I didn't see much about the actual switches available.

Sorry, I'm new to this world so I don't know all the options yet, still learning by pouring over this site.

The lights should be powered using an ignition switched relay, the harness is supposed to come with the relay. The LED system manufacturer does make provisions so the lights can be used even with the ignition off but they don't recommend it. When the engine it turned off the relay should open and turn off power to the whole LED system. Can you turn on the LEDs with the ignition off?

I do believe you can turn them on with the bike off, which I'd like to correct. I don't need someone walking by it in a parking lot and turning them on and killing my battery. I guess I need to look for the relays to fix that!

I second the FZ-1 fuse block. It will do what you need it to, and give you room to add on other accessories you may want down the road.

The harness for the lights comes with a socket built in for an ignition switched relay do the job. If the lights were installed without the mondomotos harness then a fuse block or headlight relay and relay socket would do the job too.

While those do look exactly like the MondoMotos which DO come with their own relay in the excellent wiring harness, I am not sure they are from MondoMoto. Those usually have MondoMoto on the front of the ring that holds the lens in place.

I think those same lights are available from a few different manufacturers.

The MondoMoto MM10 bullet lights are currently on (I think) their 3rd generation and I have been very happy with mine.

You can barely see the white writing in this pic:

My Mondos do not have the printing on them but then I was an early adopter.
And I also.

They have changed though. My first set(s) had 4 screws holding the front ring on. This latest set has no screws so I assume the housing and ring are threaded. I had them on my ST1300 and on Dad's '07 FJR. I had to replace a couple due to damage and I actually did have one fail. They keep improving them and I will keep buying them.