Help me...maybe help yourself.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malve

Reaction score
Here is the situation.

I have:

2 little girls under 2 ½

1 very dusty WR450

1 new FJR1300AE with only 700 miles

1 feisty Italian wife

The Mrs. wasn’t too pleased (an understatement) about the FJR purchase but we’ve been together for 13 years so we’ll be just fine.

I’m dying for a road trip /adventure…but…

as all the married forum members know, you have to choose your battles and I know that leaving mom with the kids for an extended weekend getaway on the bike isn’t going to fly…not for a while at least, and frankly I understand (a little).

So here’s what I’m thinking…

The Mrs. knows that anything “work related” takes priority…always.

I live San Diego and work with one of the biggest (actually the biggest) brokerage firms in the country as a Financial Advisor. I only do fee based (no commissions ever) Portfolio Management and Financial Planning. I manage portfolios (100K minimum) on an individual basis and don’t sell any “products” like mutual funds, annuities or money managers. Many of the forum members here have a lot in common with my typical client.

Well, I certainly could justify a road trip (preferably up the coast…way up) if I had a chance to introduce myself and my services to some of you…and meeting a fellow FJR rider and receiving a free/no obligation investment portfolio review couldn’t hurt you either?…could it?

So, I’m thinking… last week in September (week of the 25th), I head up the coast, ride all day, meet some of you for lunch or dinner (my treat of course) along the way. Join me for some riding if you’d like…show me your farkles…and we talk about investing for a bit. Frankly you would probably find it interesting and enjoyable and most importantly…

I can have an adventure!!!!!!!

So if you live on or near the West Coast, and would be open to meeting, please PM me and we can start planning.

BTW if this goes well…I’m thinking… summer of ’07, I’m going coast to coast with my laptop and instead of “Feasting on Asphalt” it will be “investing across the interstates” but without the accident.

Michael Malvin

+1 on Malve being a great guy!

Just becasue you see FNG next to his name, not to worry he is not a troll.

Must be something related to the kids, wife, family, job that keeps him off the forum. :)

I don't have any investment experience with him, just riding time.

Stocks always cost me money!

My last 2. companies on the MOVE

Just for Feet:

Remember the Jamacan runner commercial a few superbowls back?

Bankrupt

Bought high. my last statement ALL of my shares totaled $.0001 NO JOKE.

At least I got a little back from the fraud lawsuit

Healthsouth: not bankrupt but almost. shares hit .87 per now back to $5-6 I think. No place near where it was.

Scrushy was cleared of playing the numbers hear.

I have one stock that at least split a few times so even though price per share is no place near what I paid at least with the splits I have still doubled my money.

Sorry, no trip to Alabama in 07. I keep my money in the mattress now, so at least if some is missing I know that I'm the one who lost it.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on Malve being a great guy!
Just becasue you see FNG next to his name, not to worry he is not a troll.

Must be something related to the kids, wife, family, job that keeps him off the forum. :)

I don't have any investment experience with him, just riding time.
Thank you Pawtracks.

Yes I know I haven't posted much but I have spent countless hours reading and searching the forum which was a big reason why I chose the FJR. I did notice that a handful of my original posts from when I was asking for guidance in my shopping were lost when the site went down and back up.

Thanks again Pawtracks.

Park the kidsBuff the bike

Ride the Itallian

LOL...I try, I try.

I manage portfolios (100K minimum) on an individual basis and don’t sell any “products” like mutual funds, annuities or money managers. Many of the forum members here have a lot in common with my typical client.
Maybe before the last divorce, but not anymore. <_<
I'd suggest moving this to "Ride Planning" -> "California" and roll with it.

Free lunch? I'm off the week of the 25th!

Park the kids at Grandmas and take the wife on a nice day ride along the coast. Stop for the scenery. Have a great lunch.

Hey its the start of a beautiful threesome: Rider/wife unit/FJR. Sharing both of your passions....its a good thing!

i think the original post is all spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam and should be moved to the Capitalism & Bartering section.

I keep my money in the mattress now, so at least if some is missing I know that I'm the one who lost it.
Where in Alabaster do you live?
Wouldn't you like to know. :p

I also keep a gun within reach in every room, an attack shepard in the yard, and cameras on the house :eek:

Just cause i'm paranoid doesn't mean your not after me B)

i think the original post is all spam
I sent the following PM to wpbfjr

I could see why you might react the way that you did to my post.

Someone suggested that I move the post to CA rides. I'm open to moving it but don't think capitalism is the best place since I'm just jonesing to ride and sincerely thought that a few people may want to meet.

Please consider editing your post to just say that you view my post as spam.

Thank you.

Mike

Don’t need any help with investing that’s already covered. But if you’re looking for some more riding friends, wifey and I usually ride on the weekend mornings. Riding areas include; Julian and Palomar Mountain areas, up along highway 101, and other areas. Enjoy riding more on country roads instead of freeways.

HIS2006 & HER2006

i think the original post is all spam
I sent the following PM to wpbfjr

I could see why you might react the way that you did to my post.

Someone suggested that I move the post to CA rides. I'm open to moving it but don't think capitalism is the best place since I'm just jonesing to ride and sincerely thought that a few people may want to meet.

Please consider editing your post to just say that you view my post as spam.

Thank you.

Mike
dear fng:

a pm is "priviate message"...

since you see it as "public message," my reply, with your ACTUAL text:

I was disapointed when I saw your reply to my post. I can understand why you may view my post the way that you do but my post is sincere. I really was hoping that at least a couple of members would take me up on it and that I could get away with justifying a week on the bike.
it has also been suggested that I move the post to CA rides. I wouldn't mind moving my post but would prefer not to put it in capitalism as I really just want to ride and maybe meet a few people.

Please consider editing your post to the first line without the additional repetition.
consider editing your post to say:

1. you are in the finiancial industry...

2. no hints about your employer...

3. ZERO comments aabout your business accumen...

4. ask for pm's if anyone cares for more details...

402507-DoNotFeedTroll.jpg

Interesting thread. Let's be honest, we are all in this together - trying to figure out how to keep the little lady happy. Let us know how this turns out. If you make it over to Houston, I'll even buy you lunch. And we can fake the part about talking business!