Help New 2008 owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrhodes1

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just picked up my new 08 Saturday. Two things I need to do ASAP. I already ordered the lowering links; however, I need help with risers. Here is what the Helibar site says:

The optional accessory risers are designed to work only with the original HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076). These risers do not work with the stock triple clamp, and we do not recommend using them with our re-designed HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076-2) due to hydraulic line / cable limitations.

So what risers do you use and which ones are the simplest???

Thanks,

Penny

I recently installed Helibar Triple Clamps and they are a great improvement over stock. They have a built in Riser in the Triple Clamp already. I thought about adding even more of a rise, but when I installed my Corbin Modular seat on my 08' I changed my mind. The Cobin made me sit lower in the saddle.

Just food for thought...

I bought a set of risers used off this forum and I didn't like them.

If you want them I paid $60.

I became a dealer for Helibars and I'm mounting the top triple today.

Heli Top Clamp

I bought a set of risers used off this forum and I didn't like them.If you want them I paid $60.

Heli Top Clamp
The link you gave is for a triple clamp. Is that what you got for $60.00 or was it a pair of risers, there is a big difference between the two.

Penny, the part # HRT076-2 is a triple clamp/riser in one. It will raise the bars 1/2" and move them back either 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" you won't need risers with the triple clamp. I just purchased mine in a recent group buy, if you have the funds you won't regret getting the triple clamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a set of risers used off this forum and I didn't like them.If you want them I paid $60.

Heli Top Clamp
The link you gave is for a triple clamp. Is that what you got for $60.00 or was it a pair of risers, there is a big difference between the two.

Penny, the part # HRT076-2 is a triple clamp/riser in one. It will raise the bars 1/2" and move them back either 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" you won't need risers with the triple clamp. I just purchased mine in a recent group buy, if you have the funds you won't regret getting the triple clamp.
+1

Heli Top Clamp

Sorry about that.

I see how it could be misread.

I had bought a set of (name removed) risers used from a member here.

I decided not to use them and offered them up for sale.

I do not have a picture of them yet, been busy.

I then went on to say that I became a dealer for Helibars and went with their top triple clamp and linked to it for sale on my site.

Sorry for the confusion, PM me if interested in the riser blocks and I will try to get pics soon.

Thanks, and again, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator: