Help the newbie! ABS light won't go off.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley

Reaction score
Took bike in for a rear tire change...they pointed at that the rear rotor was warped. Bought a new EBC rotor from Murph. Sat down last night to put it on. Ok...so I followed the instructions per FJRTECH (thanks Warchild and others for thorough info) Other than going slowly out of fear of f'ing up, I had no problems taking the rear apart and getting it back together. Made sure to torque to specs and lined up the little lines on the ABS and caliper per instructions... Turned bike on, pumped front and rear to get pressure in the calipers, rolled on throttle...waited for ABS light to catch up and turn off. It didn't turn off. :angry: Did the computer reboot method...Sat back down took the whole rear apart again and put it back together again. ABS light isn't on full, now it blinks... :blink: So...umm...HELP! :unsure:

BTW...I had Metzelers but they didn't have a matching rear so I got Pilot Roads cuz ya'll said they were good and the dealer had them in stock. So far I like them.

Have you ridden it around the block?

IIRC, with it jacked up in the air rear wheel spinning the ABS system gets out whack and the flashing light is a warning. I've had it a couple times when I've changed oil and run the bike to fill the filter.

I'd ride it a few hundred yards cautiously.

Have you ridden it around the block?
IIRC, with it jacked up in the air rear wheel spinning the ABS system gets out whack and the flashing light is a warning. I've had it a couple times when I've changed oil and run the bike to fill the filter.

I'd ride it a few hundred yards cautiously.
Who knew it could be so simple...You sir are a genius :clapping: ...or I'm an idiot...either way... :yahoo:

Who knew it could be so simple...You sir are a genius :clapping: .
Some will vehemently disagree with that point I'm sure...including me. The truth is that I happened to be the first to post of what probably would have been a half dozen others making a similar suggestion.

Glad it helped and welcome to the forum. ;)