Help the Noob

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... are you related to George Noory or Art Bell?
Let's not turn this into a thread about reptilian race living among us! (Joking) It's not bad enough that I need to be on meds, yet. (Joking, but not really)

Am I being funny or am I being snide?
Uuh? Both? I appreciate "you all" giving me the benefit of the doubt. I have been totally addicted to this Forum, and I've read tons of posts. I have my "ticks" which makes me a perfect fit with such outrageous characters. Plus, I know sum stuff. I look forward to making a contribution to "the collective".

Thank you for your continued patients. I'm just glad I wasn't drinking last night! this probably wouldn't have been salvageable (Being literal)

Uuh? Both?
Ding... Ding... Ding...

:clapping:

Johnny, what did he win?

FRJ1300_sea.jpg

I think you'll fit in...

Holy crap!!!! I bustin' a fuckin' gut here! Dis here is sum good shit, fo sho! :lol:

Joe, Joe, Joe... :acute: Never fear the 'Nut. I'm harmless, really. If anyone really gets under my skin, I just click the Ignore User button and they go away from my screen. Simple. I was just havin' some fun bustin' on the Noob, while tryin' to be semi helpful responding to your questions. Think of it as the Forum Welcome Wagon, k? Besides, this forum has an EOBB policy. As far as the Ass thing... Mmmmm, I don't think so, but thanks.

MadMike, get up to speed and be a bit more PC, wouldja? 'Post Whore' is so offensive. I prefer 'Thread Enhancement Challenged', or TEC for short. Don't make me go and get Johnny Cochran outta his grave to sue your sorry ass! :lameasswinkysmiley:

And, lest I forget: :****:

Luv y'all! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking he can "bookmark" his lips to my Ass!
Is not funny? Would it work without the capital "A"? Did the exclamation mark make it not funny?

I know that madmike went above and beyond in answering my questions. I appreciate it.
Gotta add my 2 cents in here, mostly because it's raining at my place and I'm bored.

We all have a different frame of reference and a different sense of humor. Once you spend a little more time in this playground you'll get to know and understand some of us and our idiosyncracies. That said, your comment to TWN may be funny to some and not funny to others. If you had stuck a smilie or two at the end of it we would all have known that it was meant to be funny. I hope you stick around and enjoy the place, and your FJR, as much as we do. And a couple of smilies for good measure just because I'm in a good mood despite the weather... :) :D :p

If you had stuck a smilie or two at the end of it we would all have known that it was meant to be funny.
Yup.

Joe - From the tone of your prior posts, I didn't think you were trying to be funny with your comment towards TWN. Plus, as has been mentioned, we don't really know ya yet. With a smiley at the end of those comments, we would have understood, and it would have been a great comeback. Most around here appreciate a warped sense of humor. A thick skin is always useful too. And for the most part, don't take anything too serious. After all, this is the internet.

What's a noob? :D
See FNG.

or

Noob redirects here:

A newbie is a newcomer to a particular field, the term being commonly used on the Internet, where it might refer to new, inexperienced, or ignorant users of a game, a newsgroup, an operating system or the Internet itself. The term is generally regarded as an insult, although in many cases more experienced/knowledgeable people use it in purposes of negative reinforcement, urging "newbies" to learn more about the field or area in question.

Variant spellings, such as newb, nub, noob, and, in Leetspeak(1337), n00b are numerous and common in Internet use. The term newb itself is usually used to refer to a person who is new to the field in question, whereas noob is used as an insult.

:rolleyes:

If you had stuck a smilie or two at the end of it we would all have known that it was meant to be funny.
Joe - From the tone of your prior posts, I didn't think you were trying to be funny with your comment towards TWN.
Even if I meant it literally, it's still funny. And, if it wasn't funny, I should at least get style points.

What's a noob? :D
See FNG.

or

Noob redirects here:
Also: "Noobs are generally confident in what they are doing, but in reality are annoying others"..

Story of my life. :fool:

Even if I meant it literally, it's still funny. And, if it wasn't funny, I should at least get style points.
Joe, it should be obvious that many felt it wasn't funny. It would really say something about you if you could simply apologize for the way you came across instead of deflecting responsibility. Then you might get some style points.

And everyone covets style points from TWN :lol:

Joe, it should be obvious that many felt it wasn't funny.
I am sorry to everyone offended by my comment.

I knew as soon as soon as I read Post #4 that I had made a mistake. I was still angry when I wrote post #8 and I went too far.

In Post # 13, I was too subtle in my admonition that I had made an ass of myself. I wrote ":embarrassed:", and should have written "Now I'm embarrassed that I made an ass out of myself."

What none of you could know, is that I went directly and immediately to TWN. If an apology was in order, I would deliver one (up to, and not to exceed bookmarking my lips to his ass).

Again:

1.) I misunderstood TWN’s intentions.

2.) I should have just admitted my misunderstanding and left it at that.

3.) My earlier admission of being embarrassed was too subtle and I should have elaborated.

If any beers are in order, I will gladly purchase them.

I'm severely pissed off. But, in my case.....I will have my druthers. Beware....buddy....beware. Every dog has it's day.

Unless you have a degree in journalism or know how to write pretty well, well, you just have to use those emoticons to express your feelings sometimes. There are a lot of double meanings, either inadvertent or meant, that can be expressed in written text. If you don't want to expressly write what you mean, use those smileys, and sometimes, what you may think is hilarious, just isn't. No really. :bike: Because this place primarily is about our bikes.

It's a feignt within a feignt within a feignt. I can be humourous with out the emoticrashes. Don't take anything I personally say...um...personal.

I'm severely pissed off. But, in my case.....I will have my druthers. Beware....buddy....beware. Every dog has it's day.
WTF? :blink:
A perfect example of why it's wise to hold off on replies to posts till one gets a good feel for the members and their idiosynchracies. If you knew O a little better, you'd know you could probably wap 'im upside the head and not get a coherent response, nor one with real anger or animosity. :p "Better to remain silent, and be thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt" was written hundreds of years ago, but no doubt had internet message boards in mind when composed. :D