Help with ridin pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timalan

Reaction score
How do I find riding pants that fit?

I wear Levi 501 shrink to fit "unwashed"

32W 36L when on the bike and 34 long if I'm not riding much.

But, riding pants seem like they are 34 inches from the top of waist to crotch on me. If waist fits nothing else does. And if everything else fits, they don't button. Nothing is worse than the crotch hangin down too far for me. Can't walk. Cant swing leg over seat, I've tried lots on, but nothing feels like "hey this is what I am buying".

Help!

I wear Wrangler loose fit jeans because they fit a "mature" build better than Levi's. But I only wear them under my riding gear if it is really cold. Most of the time I wear only shorts under my Fieldsheer Apollo or First Gear mesh tex 2 pants.

Levi's aren't going to help you much in a get-off.

[edit] ignore comment about Levi's. I see now that you were just using that for sizing info.

Last edited by a moderator:
My choice for quality and you only have to purchase it once would be Olymia. Yes it is a little exspensive, but not as much as aerostitch. Go around to your local bike shops and find something that fits you well. Look on ebay and do your research to make sure you are getting a good value. Since you ride a top of the line bike, wear top of the line gear... Take Care and ride safe.

Troy

I can't spell......olympia

Troy

I wear Wrangler loose fit jeans because they fit a "mature" build better than Levi's. But I only wear them under my riding gear if it is really cold. Most of the time I wear only shorts under my Fieldsheer Apollo or First Gear mesh tex 2 pants.
Levi's aren't going to help you much in a get-off.

[edit] ignore comment about Levi's. I see now that you were just using that for sizing info.
Right now Levi's is what is between me and pavement, etc. I remember being a kid and a bicycle crash in jeans, just didn't do well. comment is why I am looking. But I just gotta have something that fits. Like was said you won't have to buy again, But if it doesn't fit well. I won't wear them anyway.

Thanks for the links.

I am with Toe on this one.

I have the Motoport mesh outfit. I have the pants and the jacket. This is made from Kevlar.

You send in all of your measurements and they make it to fit YOU.

It is not cheap, but is offers great protection. I have the full mesh which is good down in the South Florida heat. You can wear this with shorts and still be protected and comfy.

Ive found that the black draggin jeans fit well. The Sliders jeans are OK if you like the MC hammer style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if they'll have your size in stock on these discontinued pants, but the Aerostitch Darien AD1 pants are on sale for $149:https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/AD1-Mo...ts-p-18196.html
The "longs" in his waist size are only 32 1/4" and he needs 36".
Actually I measured my inseam, Balls to the floor. 30"

The 36 is before washed. The jeans end up like 33 (long on me). But sitting on the bike they come down to where they should.

I think the problem is crotch to waist. Waist to floor I can find all day long. The ones that fit waist to crotch are too short in the legs. if they are long enough... then they hang baggy in the crotch. I probably need to grow a fat ass so stuff would fit,

Have you considered the custom Aerostich Roadcrafter pants?

I myself would LUV to have a "stich"

Have you considered the custom Aerostich Roadcrafter pants?I myself would LUV to have a "stich"
Don't ask Heidi about ride gear. She is always cold, just like a gurl!

Get Scab to hook you up with some assless chaps and a bottle of KY detergent. Ride like a man!

:unsure:

+1 on Fieldsheer pants, at least the mesh ones both GF and I own, have been good fits and good quality.

I just bought two pairs of sliders they are kevlar lined jeans. They fit much the same as regular jeans. About 80 bucks. The great thing is I ordered 1 size larger than I normally wear and I can wear them over my regular jeans..

Have you considered the custom Aerostich Roadcrafter pants?I myself would LUV to have a "stich"
Don't ask Heidi about ride gear. She is always cold, just like a gurl!
Um, excuse me Haulin a Trailer??? Have you decided to poke at me, now? (not that I don't deserve it)

I generally know how to keep warm unless riding in the 20's for an extended period.

Also, I might point out to you that the question had nothing to do with warmth. You having problems w/ reading comprehension?

Signed, the gurl

Actually I measured my inseam, Balls to the floor. 30"The 36 is before washed. The jeans end up like 33 (long on me). But sitting on the bike they come down to where they should.

I think the problem is crotch to waist. Waist to floor I can find all day long. The ones that fit waist to crotch are too short in the legs. if they are long enough... then they hang baggy in the crotch. I probably need to grow a fat ass so stuff would fit,
This is just too good to pass up. :)

There's no way I'm taking two measurements; one balls to floor, the other crotch to floor, and posting the results!

:blink:

Nothing with a scale of accuracy gets anywhere near my nether regions!

:rolleyes:

Latest posts