Help with ridin pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I might point out to you that the question had nothing to do with warmth. You having problems w/ reading comprehension?
Yo comprende muy bueno. I was simply pointing out that being the gurl that you are, you might recommend something that lacks the necessary crotchal space to allow the boyz sufficient breathing room and ventilation.

:)

Now don't get your panties in a Friday wad and make me...

Oh shit, I know better than to taunt you too much.

Have a good weekend my friend!

:)

Actually I measured my inseam, Balls to the floor. 30"The 36 is before washed. The jeans end up like 33 (long on me). But sitting on the bike they come down to where they should.

I think the problem is crotch to waist. Waist to floor I can find all day long. The ones that fit waist to crotch are too short in the legs. if they are long enough... then they hang baggy in the crotch. I probably need to grow a fat ass so stuff would fit,
This is just too good to pass up. :)

There's no way I'm taking two measurements; one balls to floor, the other crotch to floor, and posting the results!

:blink:

Nothing with a scale of accuracy gets anywhere near my nether regions!

:rolleyes:
That was funny stuff: note I did not make two measurements only one... Funny friday crap.

I had a really bad afternoon. F'ing transistors tucked way inside Tiny little aircraft parts. f'ing engineer who designed faulty test equipment so as I never needed to change tucked away transistor.

BTW I measured standing on a measuring tape to where my pants stopped going up..... "Balls" that was just for effect.

Made my attitude better.... now I can ride home with a bigger grin.

Last edited by a moderator:
My choice for quality and you only have to purchase it once would be Olympia. Yes it is a little expensive, but not as much as aerostitch.
+1 on Olympia gear. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. There is a lot of adjustment for different sized riders. On the other end of the spectrum to what is being asked here, I was able to get my pants hemmed, and adjust the position of the knee pads. Best feature in the gear I have is the waterproof/windproof liners for jacket and pants. They can be worn separately, as casual gear or incorporated with the mesh/armor when riding in the cold. So far, my gear has been comfortable from about 42 degrees up to 114 degrees.

Jill

I wore my new Olympia's for SFO and really liked em. If you can, come on down here to MotoLiberty in Dallas and try on tons of choices.

I wore my new Olympia's for SFO and really liked em. If you can, come on down here to MotoLiberty in Dallas and try on tons of choices.
Did you get the Olympia's that zip out mesh and come in silver? I think??? Or something?

Did you get the Olympia's that zip out mesh and come in silver? I think??? Or something?
i got these in black. zip out liner. cordura exterior. well recommended by alot of peeps. not sure how you'll do on sizing but I picked them up for $160 at Moto on sale. obviously they make em for men too. :D

i got these in black. zip out liner. cordura exterior. well recommended by alot of peeps. not sure how you'll do on sizing but I picked them up for $160 at Moto on sale. obviously they make em for men too. :D
Hey girl - you've got good taste! The silver mesh pants are the ones I've just taken off, after my ride home from work. I have the Hi-Viz lime jacket. Last weekend, I took out the armor and put the rather dingy jacket in the wash. It came out looking like brand new, and it's about a year old.

My gear from the local BMW dealer. The apparel manager explained that he wanted a line that was up-market from First Gear but not as expensive as BMW stuff. The Olympia range fits right in between the two. I would recommend it highly, to anyone who needed decent riding gear.

Jill

Hey girl - you've got good taste! The silver mesh pants are the ones I've just taken off, after my ride home from work. I have the Hi-Viz lime jacket. Last weekend, I took out the armor and put the rather dingy jacket in the wash. It came out looking like brand new, and it's about a year old.

My gear from the local BMW dealer. The apparel manager explained that he wanted a line that was up-market from First Gear but not as expensive as BMW stuff. The Olympia range fits right in between the two. I would recommend it highly, to anyone who needed decent riding gear.

Jill
Yes we do, but I've got to give Mike H and Penny credit for pointing me towards these. I don't have the matching jacket but sure do like the pants. Especially when I got to buy them 2 sizes smaller than I really wear! I think they do that to make us ladies feel good! :lol:

FirstGear and Tourmaster make tall sizes that will probably do you right. Check newenough.com. They have great sizing charts and and will take returns easily if the pants don't fit.

I just picked up the Firstgear HT 2.0 Air pants and they seem great. Do a search here and you'll find lots of happy owners.

I'm pretty down on Fieldsheer at the moment. I have (had) their 4-Season pants. Found a major design flaw the hard way: No storm flap on fly -- either the mesh shell or the "waterproof" liner -- so the fly acts like a funnel. Water flowed right through the crotch then down my legs into my boots, which turn out to be very waterproof. Outside zipper on the right leg broke too. So I ended up riding a couple of hundred miles in a cold rain, soaked from the crotch down in boots filled with water and the outer shell with armor held in place with duct tape wrapped around my right leg.

It was the fourth trip for those Fieldsheer pants. :thumbsdownsmiley:

I'm pretty down on Fieldsheer at the moment. I have (had) their 4-Season pants. Found a major design flaw the hard way: No storm flap on fly -- either the mesh shell or the "waterproof" liner -- so the fly acts like a funnel. Water flowed right through the crotch then down my legs into my boots, which turn out to be very waterproof. Outside zipper on the right leg broke too. So I ended up riding a couple of hundred miles in a cold rain, soaked from the crotch down in boots filled with water and the outer shell with armor held in place with duct tape wrapped around my right leg.
It was the fourth trip for those Fieldsheer pants. :thumbsdownsmiley:
Squeezer is very right about Fieldsheer's Four Season Mesh Pant and its water funnel, BTDT. But for me, I never expected mesh pants to be waterproof or even water resistant. I wear them for what I consider to be one of the best combinations of air flow and protection. Whenever rain is in the picture, I wear rain overpants over top of my Fieldsheer Four Season Mesh. Works awesome for me.

I don't have the matching jacket but sure do like the pants. Especially when I got to buy them 2 sizes smaller than I really wear! I think they do that to make us ladies feel good! :lol:
Awww, please don't say that. I was so happy to get into a size 12. Let's say that they run true to size shall we? and preserve the illusion.

Jill

I don't know if they'll have your size in stock on these discontinued pants, but the Aerostitch Darien AD1 pants are on sale for $149:https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/AD1-Mo...ts-p-18196.html
Wish I'd known about these, no more in my size. These are not discontinued, they're irregulars from the very first manufacturing run of a brand-new model of Darien pants. The real thing won't be available until June this year. I'm thinking I'll sell the Darien pants I have now and get these when they're available. The new diamond gusset in the crotch will be a good thing, ditto with the flaps over the pockets and the new leg-located cargo pocket.

I don't know if they'll have your size in stock on these discontinued pants, but the Aerostitch Darien AD1 pants are on sale for $149:https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/AD1-Mo...ts-p-18196.html
Wish I'd known about these, no more in my size. These are not discontinued, they're irregulars from the very first manufacturing run of a brand-new model of Darien pants. The real thing won't be available until June this year. I'm thinking I'll sell the Darien pants I have now and get these when they're available. The new diamond gusset in the crotch will be a good thing, ditto with the flaps over the pockets and the new leg-located cargo pocket.
I bought mine while more sizes were still available. Of course, back then they were $199. I guess they need to drop the price to get rid of less popular sizes.

I have the Olympia air mesh and the Ranger. Best pants I've ever had. They fit me just right off the rack and so far have held up well. I went one size smaller than they suggested because I use the just as pants and not overpants. The mesh ones are much better than jeans in the summer heat and I just use them over underware or shorts (if I plan on taking them off and walking around).

Gary

I've owned literally a dump truck load of gear over the years. The single best piece(s) are without question my Aerostich Darien jacket and pants. The pants can be made to order to fit you. I'll never be without a pair no matter what else comes and goes from my closet.

Latest posts