Help with Yamaha heated grips, please!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellfish

Reaction score
Most of the installation went easily thanks to some helpful tips from this forum. Now I just need to find those grey and black connectors to plug the grips into. The controller (blue and white ones) were easy to find but I've been digging around in the fairing for a while now and can't find the others.

Most of the installation went easily thanks to some helpful tips from this forum. Now I just need to find those grey and black connectors to plug the grips into. The controller (blue and white ones) were easy to find but I've been digging around in the fairing for a while now and can't find the others.
Like to help........but........dealer put mine on as part of the purchase of the MC..

Like to help........but........dealer put mine on as part of the purchase of the MC..

mine were buried up in back of the left hand turn signal area

Found them!! After digging around for way too long I found them down under the left hand turn signal. At least now I know how to take off almost every body panel :rolleyes:

Hellfish,

Motart,

I plan to install the Yamaha heated grips on my new '08. Please say more about your installation: how many electrical connections need to be made? and where were the connections? I am going to get an install price from the dealer, I want an idea of how many shop hours might be reasonable. Any tips?

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I've done it once, it would probably take no more than 1-1/2hrs to do it again. There are 4 connectors. 2 are easy to find right under the panel where the control unit goes. The others are behind the front left turn signal. To get to those ones, you need to remove the panel adjacent to the radiator. The only tricky part was putting the throttle housing back together. It took both hands and both feet to hold everything in place while putting the bolts in with my teeth.

Now I'm off on a trip down the pacific coast. Vancouver, BC to LA!!!! Yipeee!

Now that I've done it once, it would probably take no more than 1-1/2hrs to do it again. There are 4 connectors. 2 are easy to find right under the panel where the control unit goes. The others are behind the front left turn signal. To get to those ones, you need to remove the panel adjacent to the radiator. The only tricky part was putting the throttle housing back together. It took both hands and both feet to hold everything in place while putting the bolts in with my teeth.
Now I'm off on a trip down the pacific coast. Vancouver, BC to LA!!!! Yipeee!
I hope you have a great trip. Be safe.

Ron

I did mine by just removing the glove box and the part around the left headlight adjuster. Found everything pretty easily. Hardest part was putting the new throttle housing together.

John