HELP!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see them as the least of two worlds...you don't have a bike and you don't have a car.
uh, gunny

No lean in the corners, no roof in the rain. What's the point?

I test rode one of the Spyders and two things come to mind, it does try to throw your ass off in the corners and it wears you out because of the leverage needed to take a corner at speed. Nice toy but not a practical machine.

Honzo... Honzo... :uhuh: All your previously postings about wanting a FJR so badly, and now this? :nono:

Thank you, Sir. May I have some more? I am ashamed.

Don't worry, I slept on it and the fire is going out. FJR is back in front, but the Spyder sure would look nice in my garage. Maybe I will afford 2 machines one day. One can be for groceries. You guess which.

Keep in mind, Gents and Ladies, that I am in a biker-Hell. I want to ride something, anything, even "Spider's" Harley, and do not have my own bike and now the climate is taking a dive so my borrowed rides are getting put up for the season.

I also tend to agree with MadMike2 that the transition from bike to Spyder might be difficult and very strange since it has been decades now since I was on a sled or and ATC :huh: (Yes, an ATC like an 83 Honda 110). A lengthy ride report from an owner on the forum who has made/makes this transition will be welcome and interesting.

My wife and I each demoed one of these last June. We were told at the time that they ARE prototypes and they will be first available for delivery next May (08). Really neat-abs, electronic stability control. Really good get up and go. Not what I'd like as a daily rider but a real fun toy.

It's funny how some poeple who are not used to that type of ride style immediately call foul - too dangerous! LOL

No, it's nothing new to have dynamics like that - snowmobiles and quads yes, but even more so it corners like a high performance PWC. YES it can throw you off the side. Guess what, it takes some skill to ride it, and no, it doesn't take the same skills that it does to drive a car or ride a bike. I was VERY comfortible on it, because i have been used to that kind of dynamic for years and years. Riding a bike was actually MY learning curve. But I certainly didn't think - oh, the bike will slide out from under you, it's too dangerous!

lol

Dangerous? I didn't think so (though others here seem to think so) I just thought it was underpowered ( compared to the feejer) and felt cheap like a snowmobile from the seventy's.

Unpolished, crude, rough come to mind. Dangerous only if you ride it like a bike.

:jester: