Here come the questions: instrument display glass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajBach

Reaction score
My dial displays seem a little scratched and foggy. I think I cause this when I used my glove to wipe away some dust that had settled on them. I did not expect them to scratch so easily. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the plastic replaceable? Has anyone tried the fairly new "Headlight lens restorer" product on their dials (or even windscreen)?

MajBach

My dial displays seem a little scratched and foggy. I think I cause this when I used my glove to wipe away some dust that had settled on them. I did not expect them to scratch so easily. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the plastic replaceable? Has anyone tried the fairly new "Headlight lens restorer" product on their dials (or even windscreen)?

MajBach

plexiglass polish from the auto store

MajBach
I think Mequiars PlasticX should do the trick to help restore those clear plastic components. Then I suggest you employ Plexus with a clean microfiber cloth (never paper,cotton or synthetics) for your daily cleaning and maintenance, including all plastic parts. Plexus is good stuff!

The lenses over the gauges are part of the assembly and can't be replaced.

For light scratches use Novus #1 & #2. For heavy a scratches use #1-3.

Clickable pic

Last edited by a moderator:
Or the pilot supply shop at the local airport.

Here locally, even O'Reilys Auto Parts has it, but that may vary regionally.

I've had better luck with Novus than Plexus, but both will work pretty well.

Most Harley dealers have the Novus... the #1 is a cleaner polish, the #2 has an abrasive for removing (smoothing) scratches.