Here comes trouble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Roadstar,https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//style_images/1/folder_editor_images/rte-resize-up.gifPlease don't forget to search the Bin o Facts and do the Throttle return spring mod. I did mine and got the G2 throttle tube and it made a world of difference. As soon as we get thru the next couple of month with winter we gonna have to get a ride together! Grand Canyon, PA here we come!

Take care and enjoy your new cherri
Thanks !!! i still can`t believe i have one in my garage :yahoo: Well after riding a big fat a&& cruiser , anything feels snappy :rolleyes: I figure i`ll give it a couple of weeks (except for risers i`m getting) to get a real feel for the bike & then i`ll start to change things around. I know most won`t but it would be great to ride someonelse`s 06-07 with the mods to feel a diffence & to see if i like it or not. (hate to buy stuff & find out i don`t like it)

Oh by the way , i`m not an FNG no more :yahoo:

Great color I have the same got mine 11/8/08 and love it I came off a Valkyrie Interstate. Good to be on something that handles so well. I have been lurking around here for two years and I'am still a FNG lol congrats on the new bike.

Congrats on the new bike! And thanks for posting the picture because I've forgotten what a clean 07 looks like. I have to wait until spring for my semi-annual washing before I can see my bike looking that good! :p

BTW, the throttle spring unwind is free and really helps with the throttle control. Also make sure to take out the extra slack in the throttle cable. Then if you want more improvement at a cost, you'll have to try the G2 and a Power Commander.

I had the same issues with the clutch also. Killed the bike twice in the dealers parking lot because the clutch engages immediately off the bar. You can improve it a lot by adjusting the lever. I can't remember the setting, but it's real easy to spin the knob until it works better.

Congrats on the new bike! And thanks for posting the picture because I've forgotten what a clean 07 looks like. I have to wait until spring for my semi-annual washing before I can see my bike looking that good! :p
BTW, the throttle spring unwind is free and really helps with the throttle control. Also make sure to take out the extra slack in the throttle cable. Then if you want more improvement at a cost, you'll have to try the G2 and a Power Commander.

I had the same issues with the clutch also. Killed the bike twice in the dealers parking lot because the clutch engages immediately off the bar. You can improve it a lot by adjusting the lever. I can't remember the setting, but it's real easy to spin the knob until it works better.
Thanks !! i`m getting used to the throttle & clutch , as i have both levers at #5 & it feels just right. The throttle is sure touchy & have to use it sparingly to get a smooth take off & shifting. It`s not like it`s stiff (less stiff than me 83 Goldwing) it feels like you move it just a little & all is fine but move it just a little further & boom you have alot more throttle , so i think the G2 would do it. I figure give it a couple of months to get comfortable on it & just install the risers i`m getting to stop leaning too hard on the bars , which could be part of the throttle trouble. Remeber i just came oof a big cruiser , so snappy isn`t i it`s vocabulary.

1000587tx6.jpg

Trouble
great lookin bike.... welcome to the hive....

B...........

As for the quick clutch grab. Try the lever adjustment ring. Adjust it for minimum freeplay, I believe position #1. The clutch will grab a little further out. Hope that helps. In the meantime, stop reading and get riding.

Congratulations RoadStar!!! She's a Beauty!!

That bike looks really nice with the Yamaha color matched topcase. I so much can't wait to ride my own steed but I've been wrenching and gazing at her for a month now waiting for ankle to heal. I have smaller paws and the clutch was to firm for me, so I splurged and got the Pazzo adjustable levers as well as replace the slave cylinder with a Gen 1. It still grabs early but with the Pazzo's I can adjust it within good reach.

It sucks not riding the weather is beautiful and I so much want to ride. I've never gone a month without riding!

Enjoy the Ride!! :D

-jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. A bit cold to ride in the northeast at this time, but a road trip south might be a good way to lose the winter blues. Then again, waiting will make the spring that much sweeter. Enjoy the new bike.

As for the quick clutch grab. Try the lever adjustment ring. Adjust it for minimum freeplay, I believe position #1. The clutch will grab a little further out. Hope that helps. In the meantime, stop reading and get riding.
I`ll have to try out all the posisions & also try different suspension setting to the just right for me feeling. As for start riding it was nice to bring the bike out for a little , but then the rain & cold came & the bike went back into the garage.