HI-VIS gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripntx

Reaction score
Here they are, taken on a cloudy and overcast day.

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

These are bright!

I think you just blew up my monitor.

Why not have the bike wrapped in reflective yellow and finish off the job? :jester:

Welcome to Dorkland! I like it here too... I call it my "Anti-Harley" style.
I actually like being "Anti-Harley". Just wanted to do a better job of trying to keep cagers from pulling out in front of me or broadsiding me again.

I like mine too (Olympia Airglide). One thing to consider is reflection of the yellow in your GPS screen. You can buy a model with a black panel in front or could stitch on a black panel....... or, if you're lucky you can angle your GPS somehow..... DAMHIK.

Is it battery powered or do you plug it in to the bike?

Nope, the cord you are seeing is connected to my AutoComm.

I like mine too (Olympia Airglide). One thing to consider is reflection of the yellow in your GPS screen. You can buy a model with a black panel in front or could stitch on a black panel....... or, if you're lucky you can angle your GPS somehow..... DAMHIK.

Hopefully I'll be lucky and can adjust the angel to avoid glare on GPS screen. "DAMHIK" took me a few seconds to minutes to figure it out. So How Do you Know?

I actually liked the TourMaster jacket I saw at a local dealer, which had some black in it too, but after looking it over then riding over to a bmw/triumph dealer and looking at Olympia it became apparent to me the Olympia had a much better build quality.

Now, I like the exo-700, fits very well, but I'm spoiled to flip up for summer. As soon as scorpion offers hi-vis in exo-900 then I'll purchase one of them to. The exo-700 is much quiter than my hjc symax II i been wearing. Also, autocomm speakers are better positioned in exo-900 than symax II. In hjc my zumo 550 volume bar only had two bars left until it was maxed out and sometimes I had to up the remainder. In the exo-700, my zumo volume is only half.

Great jacket! If you stand in the middle of the road in North Dakota w/ that helmet and stare at the horizon for long enough....you can see the back of your own head.

As soon as scorpion offers hi-vis in exo-900 then I'll purchase one of them to.
Ask and ye shall receive... Scorpion EXO-900 now in new colors clicky!!

The wife and I both have hi-viz EXO-700's and really like them.

For 2010, Scorpion is adding white, hi-viz-see-you-in-space-yeller, and black cherry color options for the EXO-900.

So far, the Iron Pony (local super-duper-ultra-mega-huge motorcycle store) isn't showing the new colors on their website, and I saw on another forum that US distributors don't have the new colors yet. I've been eyeing the EXO-900 for riding on my Harley. As soon as they're available at the Iron Pony, I'm thinking of getting a white EXO-900. I figure it'll be fun to ride an all-black Harley Ultra Classic wearing black full-leathers and a white helmet... :spiteful:

BG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite the same subject, but the same bike. What is the cover/replacement for the passenger seat? I really like the looks of it.

Hi-viz rules! With my Olympia AST lime yellow jacket, they may still pull out in front of me, but they cannot say they didn't see me. :wacko:

Tough to keep the thing looking clean, tho. If I cared.

pete :cold:

Excellent color choice if you want to be seen...and that's sure the idea as far as I am concerned! I have a couple of Hi-Viz jackets, one for winter and air mesh model for summer. That's all I darn these days. Like the helmet as well.