HID Aim issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double_entendre

Reaction score
I've been mulling the HID self-buy and adding a set of aftermarket lights to solve the high beam issue. The problem I've got is that Warchild was pretty clear that aiming the HID is pretty critical lest we annoy the Powers That Be and oncoming drivers.

Problem is that when my wife is on the back of the bike there's what seems to be a significant change in bike attitude and the headlight aim. I'm not aware of any ride height adjustments available from the stock shock and am not in a big hurry to change the shock too (this shit adds up fast, eh?). Any easy solutions for switching easily from one-up to two-up riding with regard to headlight aim?

Also, for those of you who ride with the high beams on during the day, would you still do that with the HID installed and aftermarket high beams, or is that way over the top. I'm inclined to suspect the latter....

Thanks as always (including those who replied here and via email about my golf club dilemma on the FJR)!

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The vertical adjusters are pretty easy to reach and turn with the finger. Maybe with wife on you would want to go to the trouble of turning them.....and then back when she's not riding.

Short of that the only other method I can think involves getting a second wife to sittle on the handlebars and even things out.

Short of that the only other method I can think involves getting a second wife to sittle on the handlebars and even things out.
Or the Wilbers with remote preload, so you can easily jack that setting up prior to night-riding with the wife....

Or the Wilbers with remote preload, so you can easily jack that setting up prior to night-riding with the wife....
What HE said. Don't worry about the lights, worry about the loading. Get the WILBERS and PUMP IT UP! (well, sorta) That's what those things are GREAT for. So go ahead and get the lights.

The low beams aren't that hard to dial down in any case. And they put out so much light, that even if they are set a bit short, their still better than just about anything else going.

OK.

GetSum: If I make ANY comments along those lines, I ain't going to "GetSum" any time soon. Besides, she's only 5'5", 130 tops. Any lighter than that and she's gonna be anorexic. She was around 100 when we first met, though her thyroid was out of whack and I think her resting pulse was 120 or so. Dammit, women are *supposed* to have curves. B)

Warchild: I missed out on the Wilbers buy by about 2 hours. FSCK! The post said until the 23rd. I interpreted that as midnight tonight PST. Obviously a mistake on my part. :(

And Ignacio, I *might* be able to sell her on occasional <ahem> accompaniment. I'm pretty sure she won't let the concept of polygamy fly. :bigeyes:

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA