Hide a key?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to be on the road for a couple of mos. Never lost a key, but am getting into the "what if" scenarios. Riding solo.

I always keep a spare sealed up and velcroed to the bike in an inconspicuous spot somewhere but you could have a duplicate made on a flat blank and just keep it in your wallet.

I use the built-in clip in my 'Stich pocket, but the "behind the side-adjustable wing" option is a good one...that's easy to get to and unlikely to be known about by non-FJR folks.

Didn't used to have one, but did put one on the bike on a trip to Colorado, won't say where, but damn if I didn't lose my key the second day in Dillon. Go figure. Lots of places to put one though. I'd do it if I were you.

Motoport pant side-pocket in a rigid plastic container.

Actually anything I would ABSOLUTELY NOT want to misplace or lose are in my pant pockets. I figure if I lose my pants, that would be something..

On a long solo ride once I couldn't find my key, days from home. One time when I thought "damn I'm smart!" as I pulled the spare out of my tankbag inner pocket. Found the key when I got home. Damn whiskey.....

On a lanyard round my neck, together with spare disc-lock key, security cable padlock key, and front door key - always hoping She doesn't change the locks when I'm away ;)

Ooo! I want to play this game. I'm sure to win!

Last fall, I distinctly remember putting my regular use key somewhere safe and where I'd be sure to find it after I moved.

Ya, that was 6 months ago and I still haven't feckin' found it.

And another thing, in the little velcro pouch with the key is also a $50 dollar bill, just in case I lose everything or it was stolen.