Highway

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OM - enjoyed the pics of Hiway 4 and Murphys. I just about was "taken out" in July near the top of the pass by a Nissan Murano passing a bicycle rider on a blind curve. What a surprise that was!!

There's a great little sammich shop I always stop at in Markleeville for chow when riding through.

The Murphys Hotel saloon really rocks on Friday nights with all the visitors in town.

See ya some day on the road.

biknflyfisher

I headed on down and toward Markleeville for gasoline.Had I turned here, I might have encountered Uberkul and his lovely daughter Erin - fighting the tar snakes.

IMG_5033.jpg
Lucky for Erin!
Dern near fell and broke my ass. It's steeper than it looks. Honest. Hard to climb in stupid boots.

Next time wear some smart boots.Uhm....are your stupid boots smarter than their wearer?

Mountain climbing in motorcycle riding boots...sheesh! :rolleyes:

Very nice report, Michael.

Methinks that tree is just barely older. :p

What kind of truck was that again?
:lol:Seriously, you seldom see big trucks up there. I'd hate to meet one when I was

wide in a corner.

Geesh I would have been there...
Yup. Shore. Next time I'll give you an hour.

I just about was "taken out" in July near the top of the pass by a Nissan Murano passing a bicycle rider on a blind curve.
I know that feeling bikn. :eek:

There ain't much room in a lot of parts, and you gotta figure the motorists are sight-seeing too.

Methinks that tree is just barely older. :p
Have you ever counted your rings Mike? :D

Beemerdons can relly get that front tire in the air.
He's a freakin' animal, isn't he?
Once again another truly outstanding Ride Report from Old Michael. Thanks for making it look like I can really ride off road!

It was also nice to see that Wheatie came along too, was shocked that big-headed Don Carver didn't make this ride with you!

Damn dcarver is just like the Grateful Dead, he just keeps following you and I around. We can't shake the pesky Kreston Kid!

Last edited by a moderator:
The best part was the mooovie. 'Look at that tree. It's older than MadMike'. Then OM guffaws at this own joke! That's the highlight reel right there folks!

Great job OM - you bastid you.

I thought he was saying, "You take one step closer without a feedbag, and I'll kick your camera toten ass!"

Great ride report as usual OM. Used to live down 395 a bit in Mono County, and know that area well. Miss that part of California...

Don

As usual, you're still the man of ride reports. Come to Arkansas and visit you old fart.

Good to see you still kick'n.