Holeshot cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovetoo

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of Dale Walker's Holeshots today.Are they as mellow and sweet as they sound on the website's videos? I don't want to scare the neighbor kids,but the sewing machine sound is getting boring.Any input from the educated masses?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are on the louder side of quiet!

I like them this way, but would not mind a baffle for my late night return to the neighbor hood!

But like the Deer forcefield I have now! and I also like that if I do not react to hit the horn when some one is entering my personal space, a quick twist has gotten their attention as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, they're even sweeter sounding in person......and if I were you, I'd cancel your order IMMEDIATELY and buy the pair Radman is selling (see classifieds)

I just ordered a pair of Dale Walker's Holeshots today.Are they as mellow and sweet as they sound on the website's videos? I don't want to scare the neighbor kids,but the sewing machine sound is getting boring.Any input from the educated masses?

did you get them yet? what did you think?

khrome

ride sweep from now on or the guy behind you will be hating life. The continual drone of those pipes is enough to cave in a head after drilling big fat holes in it. No wonder they call it holeshot...most annoying sound I ever heard, worse than following a HD with straight pipes.

IMO.

ride sweep from now on or the guy behind you will be hating life. The continual drone of those pipes is enough to cave in a head after drilling big fat holes in it. No wonder they call it holeshot...most annoying sound I ever heard, worse than following a HD with straight pipes.
IMO.
They say that jealousy is a curse :D :assassin:

IMO.
You were in front the whole time, quit yer bitchin.

Holeshot + header does sound a bit HD-ish. Holeshot alone is tame, though I wouldn't call it mellow. No more sewing machine for sure.

Since I ride with Ducati guys with Terminongi exhausts, no one minds my holeshot+header setup. IMHO the header solves my '05 heat issues, and thus it makes it a keeper. At WOT it is LOUD.

dgfella

Hmmm, wonder what the Holeshot header/stock cans sound like? Anybody running this combo?

Bill

Hmmm, wonder what the Holeshot header/stock cans sound like? Anybody running this combo?
Bill
Me. Sounds like Staintunes is the best I can do, quiet but with a low key authority. Pretty quiet, but more motor sound than the oe header, the cats actually eat up quite a bit of the low end sound.

Bill
Me. Sounds like Staintunes is the best I can do, quiet but with a low key authority. Pretty quiet, but more motor sound than the oe header, the cats actually eat up quite a bit of the low end sound.
Would they pass a IBR sound check?

Chris

I am looking for cans now but I don't know about the holeshots. The web site video does'nt make me feel they will be loud enough to warrant buying them. I don't want to buy them just for looks <_<

khrome

I just picked up an FJR today and it already had holeshots on it. I can make a vid of them and post it up if interested. Personally, I love the sound and idle and at speed. They are a tad loud, which is fine with me. I found out tonight that if I lug the bike in 5th at about 25mph, they are somewhat quiet, but they do have a very nice bass tone.

I just picked up an FJR today and it already had holeshots on it. I can make a vid of them and post it up if interested. Personally, I love the sound and idle and at speed. They are a tad loud, which is fine with me. I found out tonight that if I lug the bike in 5th at about 25mph, they are somewhat quiet, but they do have a very nice bass tone.
yep i would like to see/hear them :clapping:

khrome

khrome,

The website video is probably of new cans. They are louder than the website after being broken in a bit. If loud is what you want, then these are a good choice. They are loud (not mellow), but not obnoxious in any way. They get louder at throttle and louder still running the header+cans. You won't be disappointed buying them.

dgfella