Holeshot header with Blueflame slip-ons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunDog

Reaction score
All,

The Blueflame (Blueflame Performance) slip-ons have always been the visual ticket for me. In addition, the Holeshot (Holeshot) header looks to be a great upgrade (higher flow, lighter weight, reduced heat, improved appearance, etc). Throw in the PCIII and a K&N, and I think this is a fan-frickin-tastic upgrade path.

The problem is - the Blueflames will not interface to the Holeshot because the header is upsized about 1/8", and the slip-ons do not use the OEM upsizing gaskets.

So, I spoke with Blueflame and they are considering supplying the midpipe with the enlarged diameter. They are evaluating what it would take to make the midpipe flange bigger. Then, they will send me a sample as a pilot to make sure it mounts up properly.

Question: Do you have any interest in this setup? If there was enough demand, we could probably get them to manufacture a bunch and even do a group buy (Blueflame will, don't know about Holeshot yet).

What I need to know to provide Blueflame is the following, so if anyone could provide, that would be sweet: Holeshot header pipe OD and/or OEM midpipe ID.

Bounce back!

-BD

Geez, you woulda thunk I asked you guys to stick pins under your fingernails. I guess this combo only appeals to me...

Anyway, can anyone do me a solid and measure the holeshot header OD or the OEM midpipe ID?

-BD

Geez, you woulda thunk I asked you guys to stick pins under your fingernails. I guess this combo only appeals to me...
Anyway, can anyone do me a solid and measure the holeshot header OD or the OEM midpipe ID?

-BD
It's very appealing to me, but I just don't have the money. I love the Blueflames and would really like a new full system, but, well you already know.....

Rick

BD, wouldn't your system still be very quiet - even if the slip-ons never got tied in ? :lol:

Seriously though,I agree . The visual and functional improvement would be tuff to top. What kinda US money range does this combo require ? (~ L 500 = ???? US )

No measurements to offer up but I would be very interested if the bill isn't a budget breaker.

Last edited by a moderator: