Home at last

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even a walk around the block begins to capture the freedom that has been taken from you
For me, getting the body cast off so I could pull myself up on the toilet, and actually wipe and flush... was a defining moment. And one the rest of the family was very grateful for. B) The P.T. is the hard part... I know ya'll will handle it.

Y'know, it'd be great to ride South and be there to witness his first ride, even if it is just around the parking lot. A group "standing ovation" to celebrate Andy's and Jill's release from this current tribulation. :clapping: :yahoo:
+1000 - put me on the list !!

(Granted, I don't have as far as you, MM2, but I can sure be there !! )

Andy, saddle up !! Get back to it as soon as you can ! YeeeHaww !!
Hmmmm -- now THAT would be a ride with a purpose. :)

Well neighbor -- glad you are home. I assume the truck in the picture is NOT the one you hit. Thanks goodness for the gear you wear. I will never ride without mine -- your accident taught me that. Sometimes bad things happen to good people but hey you have really recovered fast for the severity of your injuries. Do what they tell you, even if you feel like doing more (this I speak of this from experience - two operations for the same quad accident because I did not follow doctors orders LOL). I believe you can make a full recovery and with a wife like yours -- how could you fail. I am close by so if either of you need an errand run or any other thing; I am driving my truck now, so can do most anything you need (except move heavy furniture).

I am sure you will be fine when you "jump" on that 07 AE and roar off. C.R. Miller -Westminster (Calif)

Y'know, considering the severity of the crash and injury to Andy, he could be looking at flowers from the "root side". You are both blessed that he is still with us and is recovering so well. If we could wish and dream, it would be that this had never happened rather than the nightmare you've been living through.
What good news that Andy is home! You are both an inspiration to us and I hope you know you are still in our thoughts and prayers. The recovery path is still long and will have to be walked out day-by-day but there is no celebration like the one you'll have when your physical therapy is finished and you are once again as whole as you can be. BTDT, as have others on the forum.

Keep working and progressing. Andy, when you want to quit because the muscles ache and the joints are sore....keep doing the motion and strength exercises. What a joyous day it will be once you can walk again. Even a walk around the block begins to capture the freedom that has been taken from you, and walking will begin to extend your stamina level and will help buoy your spirit.

As to ordering an FJR, what does Andy want? If his heart is still on the GT or S, then that's the bike he should order. As much as matching bikes are a lovely thought and we who own FJRs find it hard to imagine someone not actually wanting one, it is really going to be about Andy celebrating his final release from this tragedy.

Y'know, it'd be great to ride South and be there to witness his first ride, even if it is just around the parking lot. A group "standing ovation" to celebrate Andy's and Jill's release from this current tribulation. :clapping: :yahoo:
+1

Great news!