Home brew bigfoot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I figure it will wear its own clearance. I wonder if duck tape would improve the appearance? Anyway, ugly as it is, people hardly notice it when I travel at, ahem, higher speeds.
Nah, BBQ paint! Just spray the whole thing, sidestand and all. You know, for that extra 'bling' factor.

@Aasland - Dude, that's so Colton. Damascus is all grown up, they even have their own Fred Meyer. ;)

Yeah, I figure it will wear its own clearance. I wonder if duck tape would improve the appearance? Anyway, ugly as it is, people hardly notice it when I travel at, ahem, higher speeds.
Nah, BBQ paint! Just spray the whole thing, sidestand and all. You know, for that extra 'bling' factor.

@Aasland - Dude, that's so Colton. Damascus is all grown up, they even have their own Fred Meyer. ;)

And all this time I thought Lapine was the Ozarks of the state. :yahoo:

And all this time I thought Lapine was the Ozarks of the state. :yahoo:
I was in LaPine last summer. Saw this guy there.

deliverance%20banjo%20boy.jpg

The farkle, the avatar, the explanation of the avatar and the sig all scream Portland, OR. :)
"Keep Portland Weird" isn't just a bumper sticker.

Hey Dusty, I thought that was your other brother Daryl?

If it works, what the hell. You can always road shape it on the fly.
Just be careful - that's quite the airfoil shape you've got going on, so you may experience lift in right hand turn situations with that fin sticking upright on the other side. ;) Good news is if you take the ditch and hit water you could whip that puppy out to use as a rudder...'course, you'd have to be quick on the draw. ;)

Seriously, though - all kidding aside - props on the ingenuity. Sometimes it just feels good to go make something with your hands right now. Plus your something is actually useful!

That's so fugly I'd weld you one like mine for free if you ride to my house, consider it a service to mankind. <_<