Honda out of DMG/AMA Superbike 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think honda's pull out has much more to do with DMG and how they run things then the current economy. DMG has made a joke out of US road racing, the ama didn't do a great job but I thought they at least ran a better series then DMG is "producing". They are taking what worked in NASCAR and are trying to apply it to motorcycle road racing and that doesn't work in my opinion.

I think honda's pull out has much more to do with DMG and how they run things then the current economy. DMG has made a joke out of US road racing, the ama didn't do a great job but I thought they at least ran a better series then DMG is "producing". They are taking what worked in NASCAR and are trying to apply it to motorcycle road racing and that doesn't work in my opinion.
Believe what you like regarding the reasons - insiders have told me different.

I don't completely disagree with your other comments.

+1

I'm on several boards, and usually don't get involved in all the pro vs con AMA/DMG discussions as most forums breed negativity. But I like the maturity being displayed in this thread and have seen previous posts in some of the AMA/DMG threads from some of the same members who have posted here.

My mother always said, it takes two to fight, and there are always two sides to the story. I too am disappointed about some of the things that transpired this year, but it is my job as a race fan, to continue to support the activity I love. Us general public folk, don't know all the facts behind many of the situations that have occurred this year. It is our job to provide constructive criticism where we can, and not bash into the ground and threaten to boycott the thing we love.

I recently had the opportunity to be a guest on https://www.pitpassradio.com and touched on this subject a bit, as the moderators of that internet show are of the same mindset, that being we need to be supportive and allow some time for the bugs to get worked out.

Just my .02 worth, but I like seeing the maturity in this thread, but that is probably because its on the FJR forum, as opposed to some of the other sportbike forums I'm on.

Here's looking at an improved 2010 AMA season, which I'm sure we'll see updates and changes to what exists at present right up until March I'm sure. I'll still be attending! You can't say the racing wasn't pretty darn good this past year.

Randy Cobb

You are spot on, Randy. Racing was good. No denying that.

Perhaps it is because motorcycle racing isn't as big as other forms of motorsports, but, with motorcyle racing in the US, for some reason, we the fans have much more access to the behind the scenes happenings associated with our sport. I doubt there is as much access to behind the scenes happenings with IRL, NASCAR, etc. It's good in that I feel very strongly that the fan base, through different forms of mediums, has been influential in decisions that were made this year. It's bad in that we see the bullshit that is going on and it is having an influence on some fans.

Whatever happens, I'll keep watching.

Randy, no disagreement that the economy has hurt all the manufactures budgets, and by no means do I think Honda is without blame, but I from what I have read and understand DMG has been "unwelcoming" to the big 4 manufactures. In terms of getting there buy in on the series. I feel that for this series to be a true success the manufactures need to buy in to what DMG is doing and support it. From my point of view this is not the case, I could be very wrong, but my feeling, as a race fan for many years, is that DMG wants something very different then any other type of road racing we've seen in the states.

So how many factory Hondas were in Superbike? As many as two?
I think that answers the financial vs. dealing-with-DMG question.

There aren't any factory honda's in WSBK as far as I can see.

Also no factory ones in JSB from what a friend of mine told me (he follows it a bit more closely than me).

Same in suzuka 8-hours.