Honda V4 Crosstour Concept?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this S10?

Chirds-85ChevyS10PUa.JPG

Too many durn codes on this board. :p

Nice try, Honda. However...

Are they REALLY going to make a bike with any intention of off-road capability using their V4 motor and tranny? I highly doubt it. Whereas the S10 and BMW GS's use a dedicated platform for what the bike's intended for, Honda's just swapping plastic and body panels (probably all just on photoshop)on a motor designed as a road burner.

Maybe Yamaha should photoshop the S10's motor into a superbike styled like a ducati, and they can claim to have a "concept" of a twin-powered track machine. It would take the same effort...and make as much sense.
No joke, There are tons of info already out on this bike. Its a VFR with wire wheels and lots of plastic.. Ill bet anyone $10 this bike is more than 30 Lbs heavier than the Super Tenere and cost allot more.... The way Honda has been pricing there new bikes this thing is going to be 18-20K for a VFR with knobies ! Ive read there it might come with that new sophisticated auto trans they have, any truth to that? :blink: For an "adventure" bike I think that would be DUMB, unless there intentions where that you could ride it in a gravel parking lot. I personally like the look of it and would be cool as a Gold Wing, I mean, Cross Wing, I mean Cross Tour, high way beast... LOL There are VIDS on it already on the ADV site, pretty cool looking.... Not for me, but at least there pulling existing bikes off the shelf and throwing a crash bar with lights on it and trying.......................................to kid you...

Hope we get it here and we all get to ride togeather! :p

I like the styling but do not like the conventional front fork...and I don't think I am going to like the price. Still looking forward to getting my Tenere next May.
X 2 on what you said !

The word is the forks are 38 mm.... :angry: If this is true, its just a poser ADV ;) In Honda's position I dont think it would cost them any more to throw some 43mm upside down rigid forks on that beast and make it much more stout... get those road going forks off there....

Haven't we been down the road for a single sided swing arm for an off-road ADV bike? Looks way cool, not practical for long term abuse....

Maybe this was built so the customers with a long dirt driveway dont get the chrome dirty on there cruiser...... LOL :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: