Hooligan time

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRRider08

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Santa came a little early this year
punk.gif

">https://
IMG_0652.jpg

That's the kind of bike that people see you grinning inside your helmet while you pass them at warp speed and even get out of your way!

Boy howdy. What model is that? Couldn't figger it out from the Husky website. It looks like a real off-roader, or at least a dual sport, but those sure look like pure street tires.

Santa sure must like you though.

Congratulations, you are going to have fun riding that bike.

I really enjoy riding my little supermoto, a KLX250SF.

smile.png

Boy howdy. What model is that? Couldn't figger it out from the Husky website. It looks like a real off-roader, or at least a dual sport, but those sure look like pure street tires.

Santa sure must like you though.
It's a TE610 and it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.. Brings back my KX500 memories.. Right now it has Pilot Sports on it, I'll tell you, once they warm up you can drag the handle bar if you want. I also have the full set of dirt wheels for it as well and one of the nicest features is 1st - 5th is geared for the dirt and 6th is like an OD gear, great for highways so you can get where you want to be quickly without that nasty high revving I'm about to blow up feel.

Plan on having your FJR take a rest in the garage and collect dust.. mine does and I know what you will be riding because I have one too.

Warp 9 has the front brake relocator and 320 mm front rotor for a reasonable price to improve your braking up front.. I've got that on mine.

What size rear sprocket do you run with your sumo set up? I'm running a 40th. Cruise at 75-80 mph no problem without screaming the engine in 6th.

super1.jpg

my girlfriend has the white edition

IMAG0330.jpg

Best around town machine made.. and they will out corner just about anything under 60 mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swwwwwweeeeet.

Which bike are you riding to the Cats & Dacks this year ? The Feeg I assume but, I would like to see that Husky go on Tracy Rd, and Ensin Pond Rd.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Swwwwwweeeeet.

Which bike are you riding to the Cats & Dacks this year ? The Feeg I assume but, I would like to see that Husky go on Tracy Rd, and Ensin Pond Rd.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Art, If I bring that beast I may never leave Tracy road!
rolleyes.gif
.. I'll be on Feejer for sure and can't wait.. I hope the weather will be just as good to, that ride was a perfect 10.

Plan on having your FJR take a rest in the garage and collect dust.. mine does and I know what you will be riding because I have one too.

Warp 9 has the front brake relocator and 320 mm front rotor for a reasonable price to improve your braking up front.. I've got that on mine.

What size rear sprocket do you run with your sumo set up? I'm running a 40th. Cruise at 75-80 mph no problem without screaming the engine in 6th.

super1.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

Best around town machine made.. and they will out corner just about anything under 60 mph.

That's awesome that you both run around on them... That front rotor is on my short list for sure, front brake is kinda weak.. 40 seems to be the best all around gear, I have a lot of highway to travel before i get to the good stuff. How do you like those tires and which brand are they? I would like to skoot around in some of the local trails and those look like the trade off might not be to bad. Swapping the wheels over to the dirt ones cures the off road issue but that gets old sometimes.

Swwwwwweeeeet.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Art, If I bring that beast I may never leave Tracy road!
rolleyes.gif
.. I'll be on Feejer for sure and can't wait.. I hope the weather will be just as good to, that ride was a perfect 10.
Bill

I here that. I've only been passed once on Tracy Rd, and it was years ago when I was a rookie, but I could see you taking me in the corners on that Husky. My bud Scott with the KTM is on me like a howe bowe on a hot dog in the corners.

I have to get the ride together soon. It will be the same weekend (Fathersday) and will be a 2 day event.

Where the heck is there room to pass anything on Tracy Rd?
tonguesmiley.gif

PS - Nice lookin' sumo!! How are you likin' the seat on that thang? That was one reason I got rid of my WR250, I couldn't manage to ride it more than an hour. ;)

super1.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

That's awesome that you both run around on them... That front rotor is on my short list for sure, front brake is kinda weak.. 40 seems to be the best all around gear, I have a lot of highway to travel before i get to the good stuff. How do you like those tires and which brand are they? I would like to skoot around in some of the local trails and those look like the trade off might not be to bad. Swapping the wheels over to the dirt ones cures the off road issue but that gets old sometimes.

I also have the dirt wheel set up for mine (21/18) however the sumo set up offers me an opportinity to ride with my girlfriend and leave the FJR in the garage. The front braking can be improved dramatically by installing a 320mm front rotor and the front brake re-locator (utilizes the stock front enduro caliper) for the caliper. It is a pretty easy switch depending on your sumo hubs and the bolt size used to fasten the front rotor. Warp 9 carries both components for ~$150.

The tires are Avon Distanzias in the super moto compound with improved stick and aids in quick warm up. They seem to work well on hard pack graded dirt roads but I'd avoid anything with mud or sand. I blasted down a straight section of hardpack at 60 mph + without issue, even handled hard braking fine. These Distanzias in sumo compound will probably stick as good or better than what you have mounted up on pavement. Just do some research. They won't last as long as some but that is the price to pay for stick and dirt capability.

The white SM630 (girffriends) has much better suspension valving and the front brake caliper is out of this world for strictly pavement use over the sumo converted TE series. The FJR has superb brakes but that thing will blow your mind with stopping force.

The sumo set up sure does offer the ability to go off the pavement for traffic/ accidenty avoidance and not get hurt or crash the bike.. your field of vision is from a high vantage point and improves visibility. Overall a very fun bike and super agile at slower speeds.. You are going to really enjoy that Husky. Would suggest you check out the Cafe Husky site for more details on your new purchase.

The 610 is about the only bike I'd consider selling my 87 ATK for to generate funds..

I need to do more research, comparing KTM to Husky in the modern world for engine durability, parts costs, chassis, braking, suspension.

Here's a pix of my old skool Hooligan bike..

DSC09077.JPG