Hooray for the Moko's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black mamba

Reaction score
It was bound to happen. I finally dropped Tinkerbell. Pulled into a parking lot....barely moving....and got caught on a slight downhill ( sideways to me ) and had to apply brakes quickly to avoid a car backing into me. Down we went. Once it started over, there was no saving it. Got away about as good as I could, however, thanks to my Moko's. No scratches on the side fairings at all. Minor abrasion on the left mirror, engine case cover, and left side case. Got a really slight scratch on the left exhaust can that is practically invisible. Applied some paint pencil to the engine case cover and you have to look real close to see any evidence of the drop. The minor abrasion to the side case is not even worth trying to fix....can hardly see it. Those of you who haven't put on sliders yet better get on the stick. They'll save your butt.

Funny thing....on the way back home she ran really great, like she needed to get the drop over with and can now really get with it.

Mine fell to the right, remember?
republican bike?

There was a superstitious thread on here a couple months ago, I believe every bike has at least one drop in em, mine's been there and done that, and I keep just a little on him as a reminder. If I were to repair/remove it, over it will go again!

Sorry to hear this... :(
By the way, do these bikes all just fall to the left? What's up wit dat?
What does it count as when the truck Tbones you from the right side, and the bike is left sitting on it's left side?

Sorry to hear this... :(
By the way, do these bikes all just fall to the left?  What's up wit dat?
What does it count as when the truck Tbones you from the right side, and the bike is left sitting on it's left side?
That counts as - Glad you're still with us! Oh, and 'Ouch", prolly too!

Mine fell to the left. In Lowes parking lot. Wasn't even moving yet. Geez, moron of the day award.

I have the same exact damage as describe by Black Mamba. Only difference: I don't have Mokos. No Mokos, no skidders, sliders or anything. Did they do anything? Did they even touch?

I must be an independent. Mine went down on the right but ended up on the left. :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

I have absolutely no plans of laying my bike down. What's wrong with you kids nowadays?

As a 2006 waiter, I wonder what is wrong with Yamaha? My Honda CBR1000F has frame sliders built in. Work well. Tip-overs cost about $90 if I replace everything scratched.

Dick

Add me to the list. Mine fell to the left. I was at an atm. I didn't put the sidestand all the way forward. At least she went down slowly. Minor case scratches and a small one on the underside of the saddlebag.

I think I will plan to lay mine down just to get it out of the way. In front of the house on the grass.