Hope this is the right place for posting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 58. I rode an ST1100 for four years, and an ST1300ABS for three years. I just traded the ST1300 for an FJR1300A. I got tired of the 700+ pound weight of the ST1300, the annoying diesel-like drone of the engine under load, and the quasi-futuristic styling. It does in fact look ridiculous without the hard bags, I didn't like that aspect fo the bike either.

Most of my riding is short to medium length day trips, often with my wife aboard. I'm pretty sure the increased fun factor and handsome looks of the 2006 FJR will more than offset any slight advantage the ST might have in long distance comfort, for me anyway.

There is a reason why the FJR finished first in just about every magazine comparison test that has been published since 2003.

FJRDon on this forum is in Lima. I'm just outside of Columbus.

You're welcome to ride my bike once winter clears (it's in storage until then). It's not exactly stock (lots of suspension, braking, comfort and safety mods), but should give you an idea of what the bike is like. If you are anxious to see one, I can at least show it to you and let you kick tires/sit on it if you are in Columbus one day..

Just PM me..