Horn Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this form Warchild at FJRTech.com Magnum blaster horn installtion. Will work for any horn. I've done this twice now on my two Feej's.

BTW - They are awesome and cheap! :yahoo: Sounds like a Ferarri horn blasting, people take notice.

Good luck.
As long as we're on the subject, I transferred my blaster horns from my old bike to my new one, and they seem to have lost their mojo. I don't cringe anymore when I lay on them. I noticed that the bell seems to be cracked on at least one of them. Anyway, what might have caused them to be less loud? I hooked up all the Randy harness correctly. Does the bell crack matter? Do horns wear out? (I guess I should go search some more before asking this question. Sorry. :( )

Read this form Warchild at FJRTech.com Magnum blaster horn installtion. Will work for any horn. I've done this twice now on my two Feej's.

BTW - They are awesome and cheap! :yahoo: Sounds like a Ferarri horn blasting, people take notice.

Good luck.
As long as we're on the subject, I transferred my blaster horns from my old bike to my new one, and they seem to have lost their mojo. I don't cringe anymore when I lay on them. I noticed that the bell seems to be cracked on at least one of them. Anyway, what might have caused them to be less loud? I hooked up all the Randy harness correctly. Does the bell crack matter? Do horns wear out? (I guess I should go search some more before asking this question. Sorry. :( )
JB,

This might help you hear them better.

MegaHearingAid.jpg

Good luck.
Just curious, JB...are these the air-compressor style horns?

The reason I ask, I (years ago) had a Fiat with a set of Fiamm airhorns on it. The horns required a squirt of oil every now and then to "seal" up the compressor rings. Don't even know if the new Magnums even have an oil-hole on them...just wonderin' if the horn needs a squirt of lube to get a good, oiled seal to deliver full PSI.

The reason I ask, I (years ago) had a Fiat with a set of Fiamm airhorns on it. The horns required a squirt of oil every now and then to "seal" up the compressor rings. Don't even know if the new Magnums even have an oil-hole on them...just wonderin' if the horn needs a squirt of lube to get a good, oiled seal to deliver full PSI.
I don't think these are air horns. But WTF do I know? :blink: I believe they are this model.

I don't think these are air horns. But WTF do I know? :blink: I believe they are this model.
Nope, not the air horn version. Yours just may be corroded inside. For $17, I'd say buy another set. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I put on the PIAA 85112 115db 500HZ + 600HZ Sports Horn this week. What a difference!!

I cannot speak to the install, because I hired a local shop to do it. They said it was "very easy". The horns look good, not that you're going to be bending over to look at your horns. But most importantly they sound 1000% better than the stock horns. The tone and decibel level is commanding and gets cagers attention, and fast!

Highly recommend this safety improvement!!

BTW - Anyone in the Northeast FL region I can't speak highly enough about 904Peformance. I've had them work on the FJR a couple of times now and they are excellent. $40 for an oil change, $25 to change a tire (I provided the new tire), check them out: https://www.904performance.com/