hornet deer horn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't like my air horn which is loudest cause it's hanging out in the wind. The ones coming from the right to left especially get startled by the 139db sound.
3302053098_3e64bb6e25.jpg

3469318274_7c3cf1ea54.jpg
Dayum, Mike.....

Luv ya like a brother, and I'm devastated that Isabella is down, but that's STILL the ugliest farkle we've ever seen.

:rolleyes:

Anyone know where I can get skunk whistles? Hit one at 5 AM this morning and it blew up all over the front cowl and radiator . Well-gotta go and get the hose..

I think if you have a "Bullhorn" bolted to the front of your bike it will work better. Get the kind with the remote microphone...that way you can say "shoo you deer, get out of my way!" Or better yet yelp like a timber wolf, that seems to get them moving....

Even better, just play some Warren Zevon through those speakers.

Ah-Ooooooh!!! Werewolves of London... Ah-Oooooh!!

Skunk whistle?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're killing me here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had one of these mounted on my FJR since new
8500.gif
and I've never hit a polar bear, Komodo Dragon or a deer so everyone should install one as soon as possible. My experience is proof that it works.

I am still looking for a system that howls like a wolf, roars like a Mountain Lion and growls like a bear. You could be sure of the direction that Bambi would be running after hearing one of these.

From what I have heard from friends, is that the hornet is electronic, different from ones that use the wind to make noise. Maybe that makes a difference, they seem to think it has worked for them. Loved some of the responses though.

From what I have heard from friends, is that the hornet is ... different ..., they seem to think it has worked for them.
Well, that's worth something -- peace-of-mind (maybe?, from false security...).

But, hey, if they do nothing? -- you're no worse-off (than if you didn't have them) -- you may still get killed or maimed by bambi? :unsure:

Ah-Ooooooh!!! Werewolves of London... Ah-Oooooh!!
Two of the greatest lines in song lyric's history:

"...little old lady got mutilated late last night..." and

"...better stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out, Jim!"
I always kind'a got a kick outta this one:

"I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's

...and his hair was perfect. "

I put a deer whistle on my Soltek bracket, figuring for 6 bucks I couldn't go wrong, and I'd actually get a chance to see if any critters would act any different upon my approach. Well, if dogs are any indication, they don't even look up to see what's coming.

With the developing technology in vehicle A.I., it won't be long until BMW comes out with an impact-avoidance system that will take over your control and expertly miss any object that enters the bike's path of travel. I just won't be able to trust or afford it....

I just eat plenty of garlic and onions for breakfast...

rest of the day, if I come upon a dog, armidillo, or forest rat, I just blow in their direction and they run away screaming...

:yahoo:

They don't like my air horn which is loudest cause it's hanging out in the wind. The ones coming from the right to left especially get startled by the 139db sound.
3302053098_3e64bb6e25.jpg

3469318274_7c3cf1ea54.jpg
If you get a Gen II and mount the horn like that we are gonna kick you out of the club. Just say no...

Wouldn't a recording of a high powered rifle do the job best?

Guessing it would work on frightening off a deer, but I do know what works real well on humans:

The sound of someone racking a shell into the chamber of a 12 gauge pump ...

KM

Wouldn't a recording of a high powered rifle do the job best?

Guessing it would work on frightening off a deer, but I do know what works real well on humans:

The sound of someone racking a shell into the chamber of a 12 gauge pump ...

KM
A few nights ago the dog started barking and we live in a area going gang, so I grabbed my trusty rifle and headed toward the door. Of course the dog was barking at ghost cats so I went back to the bedroom where my wife started laughing. When I asked her why she said, "The site of you in just your underwear is a dozen times scarrier than that 22".

Rolavine ~ For God's sake, man... if you live where the neighborhood is heading downhill, please ditch the .22 and trade it for a pump 12 ga shotgun!

None of us want to read of you with a .22 rifle inserted in an inappropriate orifice! :eek:

Be Safe!

Don

Rolavine ~ For God's sake, man... if you live where the neighborhood is heading downhill, please ditch the .22 and trade it for a pump 12 ga shotgun!
None of us want to read of you with a .22 rifle inserted in an inappropriate orifice! :eek:

Be Safe!

Don
Yeah, I'm just learning how to shoot again after not having any gun for decades.

Still a hundred foot pounds of force over a tiny area is nothing to snort at, but the gun I got looks way too much like a toy, honest if a kid pointed one at me while I was out walking the dog I would grab my chest, yell 'you got me I'm a heading for the last round up' and fall over.

Has anyone mounted one of the Hornet deer horns on their bike? I want to mount one, but I don't want to drill a hole in the plastic. Had a couple of close calls this year, and the season isn't over yet.Thanks
I mounted one on the right side of the front fender. No drilling, just connected it the the allen bolt.