How about this tire pressure monitoring system??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WW, Is this what you put under the seat?

tpms-monitor.jpg

Jwilly,

Hahahahahaha!! That is funny.... NO it is a little bit smaller than that. Here ya go:

Image001.jpg

It is a simple display unit that displays front and/or rear pressures and has another red warning light.

WW

All right all,

Got the system sensors installed inside the wheels today as I was putting on my PR2's. The install was very easy and the sensors are not large at all. It was super simple to put the tire on without hitting the sensor. The sensors attach to the underside of the valve stem and appeared to stick up approximately 3/4 of an inch inside the tire. I was curious about the questions about the battery life of the sensors. So I email the company. They promptly replied with this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello-

Thank you for your purchase of the 360M Tire Pressure Monitoring System

for Motorcycles.

The active battery life on the sensors is 5-7 years. If you mounted

the sensors on the valve stem (as opposed to inside of the rim), you can

take the sensors off when you aren't riding, and this will prolong the

battery life even further.

The batteries are non-replaceable

Lee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little better battery life than I had thought. Unit works great. The sensors are right on the money when checked against my quality digitial gauge. I was topping off my tires with one of those cheap 12v compressor pumps(hooked up to my car). I could actually watch the tire pressures change as the tires pressure rose. Very cool!! I love the LED warning light setup!

:D

WW

I purchased this one and it works great. It's nice, accurate, easy to install and I ended up mounting it with velcro. If you call them, they can provide black. It also provides tire temp.
https://www.autodax.com/catalog/pdetail.php?prdid=208
How does it measure tire temp when the sensor is out on the valve stem?
I asked them that... This was their reply...

"Here is the answer to your question:

Both the pressure and temperature sensors are packed in a sealed chamber inside the sensor housing that is right behind the threads.

Therefore, when installed, both sensors are constantly engaged with the tire so they can immediately sense any changes inside the tire."

I think I might pick up this nifty item since it has replaceable batteries in the sensors and give it a go.

Any interest in a group buy? If there is, I might be willing to try and swing one.

-MD

I purchased this one and it works great. It's nice, accurate, easy to install and I ended up mounting it with velcro. If you call them, they can provide black. It also provides tire temp.
https://www.autodax.com/catalog/pdetail.php?prdid=208
How does it measure tire temp when the sensor is out on the valve stem?
I asked them that... This was their reply...

"Here is the answer to your question:

Both the pressure and temperature sensors are packed in a sealed chamber inside the sensor housing that is right behind the threads.

Therefore, when installed, both sensors are constantly engaged with the tire so they can immediately sense any changes inside the tire."

I think I might pick up this nifty item since it has replaceable batteries in the sensors and give it a go.

Any interest in a group buy? If there is, I might be willing to try and swing one.

-MD
Maybe.... Is that key fob, water proof? So it can be mounted somewhere it can be seen? Does it have any type of warning system built into it, like those warning lights on WW.'s? system that he installed?

thanks MIke

<!--quoteo(post=400482:date=Apr 10 2008, 08:56 PM:name=Spridal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spridal @ Apr 10 2008, 08:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=400482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just installed mine this afternoon and it works great!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Spridal,

Did you do a similiar install?

WW
Resurrection of thread.... Looking for feedback from the Doran TPMS user, How is the system holding up ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
<!--quoteo(post=400482:date=Apr 10 2008, 08:56 PM:name=Spridal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spridal @ Apr 10 2008, 08:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=400482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just installed mine this afternoon and it works great!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Spridal,

Did you do a similiar install?

WW
Resurrection of thread.... Looking for feedback from the Doran TPMS user, How is the system holding up ?

Thanks
You probably won't hear much from Webby these days since he's no longer on an FJR, but I'm pretty sure he was more than happy with the Doran and it worked flawlessly right up until his get-off. I think he transferred it over to his Victory & is still in service, not sure.

Latest posts