How Did You I Live Without These Accessories?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty easy - a Valentine V1, a H.A.R.D. for the V1, and a back-up V1 in case the first one dies.

I think it would be more efficient and useful for me to list the things that I have bought and now never/hardly ever use:

* Battery tender/charger, I ride all the time.

* Cheap winter ride gear, I ride all the time, therefore they wore out in weeks.

* Frogg Toggs of various sizes, I love them, but they don't like riding around all the time and develop holes.

* Sears/Craftsman motorcyle lift, looks great, but looses out to my $15 floor jack and wooden blocks all the time.

* Tank bag, fell victim to the Yami top bag which IMHO is the ultimate lazy man's accessory.

On the bike and just can't possibly live without:

RD, if I can't have an RD, I'd be better off riding a Harley.

CeeBailey +4w +2h w/flip bug deflector, best all-season farkle I own.

MP3/Music/XM, whatever your choice, just as long as I'm not listening to myself sing!

Bike Accessories:
1: California Lane Splitting Kit

2: 49-State Lane Splitting Extension Kit

3: Ball-mounted All-Weather "9 in your nose"

4: Akimbo Mode Switch
1. Diet Vanilla Coke

2. Nose

3. Spewing Spit Take

4. Ouch!

Tuesday is a lot funnier now! Good one Ari. :clapping:
I'll not hear it. Credit is all yours. What YOU did was funny as hell. Props! That #2 [in your pic] about busted me up. Funny as hell, truly.

Last edited by a moderator:
iggy.jpg

Bike Accessories:

1: California Lane Splitting Kit

2: 49-State Lane Splitting Extension Kit

3: Ball-mounted All-Weather "9 in your nose"

4: Akimbo Mode Switch
Maybe you could also rig up a couple servo-actuated trap doors in your saddlebags from which road spikes will deploy behind the bike. Nice farkle to have when you know your being followed. How about some aft-firing oozies instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
As I gain experience as a rider, I acquire bike accessories and riding gear that, once acquired, I realize I could never do without it for as long as I remain a rider. If I could only pick 2 or 3 items under each category, here's what I'd highlight as my must-haves. What would yours be?

Mine would be gear; Shoei RF 900 or 1000-quiet. Aerostich Roadcrafter and their rain digit covers.

Accessories for FJR, wood beads on seat, throttle rocker, FZ1 mirrors, and thanks to FJRAY the Muzzy SS ovals.... :yahoo:

V-stream is nice, Rick Mayer +1" is great, Shad 37L topbox rocks, holy shit where'd all my money go?

Earplugs too. So I can't hear the wife asking where all the money went.

PPE:

Ear plugs

Textile Jackets (got a couple)

HJC AC-12 in High-Vis Yallooo (no smiley face yet, Ion)

Favorite Farkles:

HeatTroller controlled Heated Grips

Givi color matched V46 trunk

MotoComm ST-1 w/ iPod input / Intercom / Cell Phone / FRS (and soon GPS) wired up. (does that all count as 1?)

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I just got my check for my totaled Roadliner and went nuts. Well, kinda nuts. I went for the things I thought were really needed. N-Line dash, new helmet, tank protection, Givi rack, and a few other things.

Anybody with any experience with the N-Line dash and after market windshields? Does it work with any? All?

Thanks.

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I just got my check for my totaled Roadliner and went nuts. Well, kinda nuts. I went for the things I thought were really needed. N-Line dash, new helmet, tank protection, Givi rack, and a few other things. Anybody with any experience with the N-Line dash and after market windshields? Does it work with any? All?

Thanks.
This is a clear thread hijack. So please move it to a new thread if that is more appropriate.

I just installed an N\line dash on an 06 with the tall yamaha touring screen. Using the suggested spacers I had clearance trouble between the screen and the shelf. I added extra spacers on the top mounting point (these were included in the kit) and ground down the edges of the shelf to achieved an adequate level of clearance. Outside of some fitting challenges, I am thrilled with the dash. I put my garmin zumo on the shelf using the supplied mounting bracket. It took a little messing around as the bracket was not intended for the zumo. Once fitted, I am thrilled with the set up. The zumo is right at eye level and is perfect for me. I will add some external flash indicators as the zumo and the shelf hide the ones on the dash from easy view.

Hope this helps.

CaryB