How Many FJR's?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just what will next year bring? Perhaps something really marvelous and outrageous. I'm thinking DOUBLE! Anyone want to volunteer now? I suspect the organizing committee will take all the help they can get.
I told Warchild right after the contest, that I will help with next year's event. Then I saw another member on here do the same. Don't know how many he's looking for, but the more folks that help, the less we'll all have to do.

Well, I don't have a suggestion about where to have the event, but if it were closer to home I would have been there.

If the idea is to make this a national event then it should move around some from year to year and eventually I'll be able to attend. Either that or it will wait until after l retire from work and have time to get there regardless of where it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told Warchild right after the contest, that I will help with next year's event. Then I saw another member on here do the same. Don't know how many he's looking for, but the more folks that help, the less we'll all have to do.
FJRChik has this figured out.

Telling "them" where to have it, when to have it, etc. will tend to wear thin with those folks that actually spend the countless hours organizing it.

I suggest before this become a wish list to Santa WFO of "I want....I want....I want......." that those with suggestions think about volunteering first.

Last time I checked Warchild's PM Inbox had room for incoming messages.

FJRChik has this figured out.

Telling "them" where to have it, when to have it, etc. will tend to wear thin with those folks that actually spend the countless hours organizing it.

I suggest before this become a wish list to Santa WFO of "I want....I want....I want......." that those with suggestions think about volunteering first.

SWEET!!! I volunteer and I don't care where we have it! I can send in my resume, it does consist of about 20 years of project management and team coordination if that helps :)

sending PM

High up in Colorado would be cool! Somewhere like Montrose, Colorado or Brian Head, Utah would be keweler! Summer is good, but the only problem is getting there across the Mojave :dribble:

khunajawdge

+1 on Colorado! I would love to ride up Pikes Peak. I'm sure Colorado has plenty of Twisties for us.

i loved riding out from south florida...

i bet i rode the farthest distance to attend wfo5...

the farther away from florida, the better... it's the best excuse i've got to see the usa with no agenda and a centralized place to stay!!!

how about the badlands in south dakota, with a bigdog ride into canada?

or, harlington, texas, with runs into mexico and door prizes to those that bring back their own bike washer and personal valet!!! lol...

dana

I'd like to help those who've farkled all the spare nitrogen spaces out of their FJRs to farkle something more important - their riding. I think I can help organize some advanced riding clinics for WFO-6. I talked to a few people about this at WFO-5, and I think there is enough interest to make it happen. If someone can point me to whom to interact with on the current WFO staff, I can handle all the interaction with the riding instructors. Also, if someone reading feels that I just stole their idea for how they'd contribute, I am perfectly willing to be a member of the riding instruction committee, as opposed to its sole member.